Using ANA site to see *A award availability

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by cr34102, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cr34102
    Original Member

cr34102 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have an account number and password for the ANA site, but I'm having difficulty finding my way around to check for int'l Star Alliance availability.

I used it in the past and recall it being straightforward enough. Now I keep getting asked to register.

The secret?

2. jonman21
    Original Member

jonman21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Click on "ANA International Flight Awards" - and search for an arbitrary ANA route - like SFO to NRT or something like that. Click "Next", then once you get to the availability page, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Use Star Alliance Member Airlines" (it should be selectable now) - and from then on, you can do any Star Alliance searches you want.

3. cr34102
    Original Member

cr34102 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, but I can't get to anyplace to input a route. I get sent to a registration page which is apparently for adding other potential reward users. There's a note in red that "DOB and sex is missing" but I can't find anywhere on the site to update it ("profile" doesn't hold this info). I'm feeling quite the idiot and am probably looking right at it...

On the "ANA International Flight Awards" page, I'm not seeing where to search a route, but two options (web and phone) for "application and ticketing". When I select "web", I get sent to that registration page.

Grrrrrr

4. jonman21
    Original Member

jonman21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm, the ANA website is notorious for being user-unfriendly, so I'm not sure if I can help you out since I don't recall how the registration page works.

But here's a direct link to the Award Search page. Hope that helps!

5. cr34102
    Original Member

cr34102 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That was great - thanks!! I LOVE this place!!!

6. jonman21
    Original Member

jonman21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're welcome! :)

7. Tinkerer
    Original Member

Tinkerer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wandering Aramean also put together a script to get the link back, available here

ifly153 likes this.
  8. ifly153
    Original Member

ifly153 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The other method, which I use, is the GreaseMonkey script and link (as provided in previous post).

Did anyone else notice that ANA recently redesigned their website? When I saw that, I was worried about the tool, but everything still works fine.

9. 2muchentropy
    Original Member

2muchentropy Silver Member

Status Points:
    At least for me, I've found the greasemonkey script to be pretty hit or miss (on Mac), so it ends up being easier to search for ANA awards > then search star alliance...but that could just be my computer.

10. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    Quasiconvexity and kiwi like this.
  11. Alternatively, you can put a few AMEX MR points into your ANA account. Once you have a positive mileage balance, there's no longer a need for the work-around. The link will be live.

cr34102 likes this.
  12. flacey8
    Original Member

flacey8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, Very help link

13. techboyds
    Original Member

techboyds Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought it had to be more than a few, now (like a thousand or so), because of all the people that did just this (add one or two points from somewhere).

14. jonman21
    Original Member

jonman21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're welcome! Glad to help :)

15. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    GreaseMonkey still works for me.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  16. pilotkentx

pilotkentx Active Member

Status Points:
    Good Day All! I'm a newbie. I've obtained an account on ANA. I just tried to install the GreaseMonkey script and it returns a Microsoft JScript runtime error. Likely, I've done somehting wrong. Any ideas?

17. yaychemistry

yaychemistry Silver Member

Status Points:
    What browser are you using? If I recall correctly it only works on Firefox and Chrome. I'm not sure if it works on IE.

18. pilotkentx

pilotkentx Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! I switched to the Firefox browser and that opened the GreaseMonkey script. Next problem. I do I use the script? Sorry, not that techie...:)

19. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would consider using Chrome since it saves the "extension" so it would make it easier every time you want to use the availability tool.

20. yaychemistry

Status Points:
  21. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Firefox Directions:
    1. Download GreaseMonkey from:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/

2. Install the starALink script from Wondering Aramean’s website:
    http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewa...e-on-the-star-alliance-reward-search-problem/

3. Create/Log into your account:
    https://aswbe-i.ana.co.jp/p_per/sky_ip_per_jp/preAwdSearchLogin.do?LANG=en

yaychemistry likes this.
  22. pilotkentx

pilotkentx Active Member

Status Points:
  23. pilotkentx

pilotkentx Active Member

Status Points:
    Besides the ANA tool, are there other tools I can use to search award availability? We primarily fly DL and CO/UA. I'm trying to find two J class (Business??) from DFW to EZE for travel 11 months out. Of course, we are very flexible on our routings. AC via YYZ looks interesting and I was told by CO that a stop-over in YYZ is allowed.

24. yaychemistry

Status Points:
    Continental.com (co.com for abbreviation) allows you to search for *A awards online. It also includes non*A CO partners (including Copa). IME the Copa options have a lot of availability to South America - however I have heard that their J isn't all that spectacular --- essentially a domestic F seat with better food and service. But I've never flown it, so I would look for another trip report for a better description.

Co.com doesn't show all *A options (I think it leaves out LX and has trouble showing TK - but since you're not flying to Europe that's probably not an issue). You can also try to book stopovers on co.com using the multi-city search - which is a feature I like since stopovers are free on UA/CO and *A awards. Sometimes, though, it won't show some of the availability (which you do see when booking a r.t.). In that case you will have to call. I was recently successful booking an open jaw JFK to HAN/BKK with a stopover on OSL, and the return in C on TG/OZ via ICN on co.com so it certainly is useful!

Jimgotkp and Quasiconvexity like this.
  25. pilotkentx

pilotkentx Active Member

Status Points:
    Excellent - Thanks I now have access to the KVS Tool(Diamond level). I'll try it out tonight.

Jimgotkp likes this.