Using AMEX Plat and AMEX Aeroplus Plat in Plaza Premium Lounges

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by akide, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. akide
    Original Member

akide Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just came back from visiting the YYZ T1 Transborder Plaza Premium Lounges, YYZ T1 International Plaza Premium Lounges, and then Hong Kong Arrival Plaza Premium Lounges using the American Express Platinum card and then American Express Aeroplus Platinum Card.
    I had two guests, and used both cards to bring the two in, the cards say that you can only bring one guest, but since I had two I provided both of the cards to them, and they ran both cards through with no questions or qualms.
    My guests were very happy to enjoy the comfort and amenities provided in the lounges. Just wanted to share my successes with using two cards to bring extra guests in for any other members out there.

2. jeff3380
    Original Member

jeff3380 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have used the Amex Lounges in Toronto, Vancouver, Quebec City and they are pretty nice. In Quebec City, my Amex card got me into the lounge, when even my Aeroplan Elite card could not! However, despite having more than one Amex card, they only allowed me one free guest and would not budge from the opinion. Very useful card, and the lounges in Toronto have definitely better food and fewer visitors than the MLL. Also - they've forced the MLL's to "up their game" and improve their offerings.

3. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. centurion

centurion Active Member

Status Points:
    EZE (Buenos Aires) has a loung within a lounge for Centurion members. The lounge attendant will take a very large key, like the one your get from the mayor of a city, and open the private room. You pick up a phone and can have your drink or food delivered versus the buffet set up in club.