Using AA Bording Pass with Passbook iOS6

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by IPBrian, Oct 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    AAdvantageGeek has a rundown post and video on how to use the AA Mobile Boarding Pass with Passbook in iOS6. This is generally straightforward but if your initial flight is out of an airport that isn't equipped to take MBP then this does not work. I wasted quite a bit of time trying to figure it out the first time. Hopefully this saves someone time.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/aadva...w-to-use-apples-ios6-passbook-on-your-iphone/

Kalboz likes this.
  2. FlyMe Marc

FlyMe Marc Active Member

Status Points:
    I use it and love it....when my phone locks I can always pull up my BP without unlocking it. The small things that make it all better!

IPBrian likes this.
  3. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I used it when it first came out, but found it somewhat cumbersome sometimes. With the changes in the boarding passes and it now showing the TSA precheck information I figured I'd give it a try. Well... I love the changes they have made to the app recently, especially the following:
    1) Now when there are changes to your flight (time changes, gate changes etc) the electronic boarding pass in passbook updates automatically and an alert shows up on your home screen.
    2) Precheck seems to very reliably come through with these boarding passes, even if I check in close to my departure time.

B/c of these things I think that I will probably use this feature exclusively going forward.