Using a consolidator for business class

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Desidivo, Sep 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Desidivo

Desidivo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just saw asaptickets has discounted business class tickets. The prices look very good but I dont know what that the downsides are for using a consolidator. If any one has experience with asaptickets or using consolidator, I would love to hear how it went.

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    At least with DL, consolidator tickets don't earn status miles (MQMs) or credit for the spend (MQDs). They can be difficult to change or refund and to deal with this or schedule changes, often you must use the consolidator.

3. WWS2

WWS2 New Member

Status Points:
    Actually it depends on the consolidator. Mine gets full mileage benefits. The days of no miles are pretty much gone. However, the ticket is usually non refundable, although most allow changes for a fee. And that includes DL and SkyTeam. [I am not talking about cheap $100 fares however, I am talking about First, Business, more expensive Coach tickets. And international are more flexible than domestic USA tickets. Fly by night consolidators no longer exist with much more stringent rules.

4. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    A good consolidator should be able to tell you up-front if your fare qualifies for mileage accrual/status miles. Sometimes you only need to pay a slight amount more to get the miles.

anileze likes this.
  5. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    can you share what consolidator you prefer?

It is easy for me to get enough miles for Gold with Emirates, so I want to try out a few other Business Class offerings that are a good value and not overly concerned about points

anileze likes this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Check the recent DL rules carefully. Tickets with consolidator designators on the fare code do NOT earn full status miles (MQMs) and spend credits (MQDs). However, if a consolidator sells a regular published fare, it should be treated the same as a ticket purchased from an on line ticket agency.

7. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think in the US, a consolidator (I think there are only a handful maybe 6 or 7) cannot sell retail to the public. Consolidators can give access to their inventory to a registered TA. Not all consolidators have agreements to sell 'net fares' from the Airline.

8. Desidivo

Desidivo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have not used them but saw them online: http://www.asaptickets.com/business-class

9. carliedonaldabs

carliedonaldabs New Member

Status Points:
    I have seen most of them using it, but travelling to Flyabs.com

anileze likes this.