Answered: Username in update emails

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by schnitzel, Mar 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    As of a few days ago, I'm not seeing a username in the emails I receive updating me on posts that I follow.

I do see the avatar, and just before the avatar loads, I can see the username as the name of the graphic, but then it doesn't appear below the avatar.

This is on Gmail in Firefox on a Mac.

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    As best I can tell, the username of the poster is only intended to display in the line of text above the post and should not display beneath the avatar in the emails. Do you have any older emails you can forward to me that display the username below the avatar?

3. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I delete them as I read them.

If it's not supposed to show the username below the avatar, what's the colored space for?

4. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I couldn't rightfully say why the design is as it is. It's possible that the original intention was to add the member's name in that space and for whatever reason it didn't happen.

5. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, FWIW, I'm pretty sure it was there at one point. Sorry I can't find an old email to show you.