Used Avios for US Flight - How to get US DM or AA # into Reservation?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by LIH Bound, Jul 10, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. LIH Bound

LIH Bound Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi, has anyone had any success getting either their US Airways Preferred or AA AAdvantage numbers into a US Airways reservation that was booked using BA Avios points? I have status on both US and AA but none on BA.

I called into US Preferred Reservations but was told that since I was using a BA award ticket, there wasn't a way for them to add my US or AA numbers. Also, I tried to change my number using either Finnair.com or Qatarairways.com (as suggested on FlyerTalk) but was unsuccessful.

If anyone else has run into this, I'd also be interested in knowing if they were able to update at the ticket counter so items like Priority Security Screening, Priority Boarding, and MoveUp (depart on earlier flight) would work.

traveltoomuch likes this.
  2. LIH Bound

LIH Bound Active Member

Status Points:
    Update: Read in a posting on FlyerTalk that if your APIS information is not embedded in your BA Avios award reservation, then trying to change the FF number to either AA or US won't work. I added the info and still wasn't successful changing it through Finnair.com. However, when I called into US Preferred Reservations, the agent was able to change the FF # to my US # so I was able to choose the seat that I wanted. Not sure if the agent was just more knowledgeable or if the BA record was locked until the APIS information was in there. Nevertheless, I thought I'd report it in case it helps someone else.

Thanks in advance if anyone else has a comment or has experienced this before.

3. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had the best success using online checkin. I have not have good luck with airport counter agents.