Use Social Media for Better Service

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Newscience, Jun 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now Boarding on Air Twitter

Here's an interesting article on how a passenger having problems with her United Airlines flight used Twitter to get her issues addressed, when the airline's call service and online app largely failed. It also offers an inside look at United's (and other airlines) social media response teams.

To read this article, see:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...55440e-b390-11e3-b899-20667de76985_story.html

uggboy and Counsellor like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    United's twitter team can be good in some cases. Or they have no idea what they're talking about and answer questions no one asked. They've been helpful to me with reservations-related issues and awful in MileagePlus inquiries over the past year or so.

In this case it was a rebooking issue that the passenger needed help with. Not too surprising to me that UA got it done.

3. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is the case with any airline, or any large organization, for that matter. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

Newscience likes this.
  4. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm glad the UA Twitter team was able to assist the passenger. However, it would be good if the UA reservations center could address traveler issues as well.

iolaire, Newscience and bigx0 like this.
  5. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had polar opposite experiences with the UA Twitter team. In a few instances they've helped me with reservation problems but when I needed help being rebooked in cases of misconnect, they were not able to do anything. They also give out a lot of bad information.

Newscience likes this.
  6. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    DL's team is much better, IME. Also friendlier. Silver on Both and no bias. And faster to respond. Took UA several hours to confirm our TT numbers were on a future res yesterday.

UA WAS able to back me up on a flight the next day if I misconnected one night. I made the flight but when they backed me up it threw out my BP for my original flight! Was a bit nervous with only a few minutes to spare!

Newscience likes this.