Use my AMEX points to Travel

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by fancyhands, Sep 22, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. fancyhands

fancyhands New Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

I am looking for a company I can pay to help me figure out how to use my 350,000 American Express points to travel on an A380 airbus in their first class suites section. Does anyone know of a company that does this? Any help would be great!

Thank you.

2. Mrlasssen

Mrlasssen Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are several, View from the Wing, comes to mind first, although I have used Upgrd.com in the past and they were great.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This shouldn't be hard as a DIY project. Look at the list of airlines where your MR points can be used or transferred. Then check while of these carriers have the A380 and of these which offere an international first class product. Then look for award availability on these routes.

IMO it would be better to start with some ideas of desired destinations or carriers you would like to try, such as SQ, LH, AF, KE, JAL, CX, QF, etc.

There are some relatively inexpensive routes for IFC on the A380, primarily medium haul in Asia. This might work for the experience. I'd look at CX from HKG to SIN or TYO, SQ from SIN to HKG, BKK, maybe KUL, TYO, QF from SYD to SIN or HKG, etc.

vickers likes this.
  4. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    I second trying yourself first. If you run into any issues, its overwhelming, or you have money to burn, by all means, services are out there. ;)

However, you already know you want to travel with your American Express Membership Rewards points, which is half the battle.

You really have 2 options:
    -Book your trip with points
    -Transfer points to a frequent flier program

I would also consult Seat Guru to see which airlines are running the A380 once you have your destination and airline narrowed down a bit.

Others may have more direct options, but these are the ones I know. Hope it helps.

5. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, we can help you walk through the process, but it's completely understandable if you just want to pay someone to do it for you. As @MSPeconomist suggested, what are some locations you'd like to visit or carriers you'd like to try? That's a great place to start. At the very least we can get you going in the right direction or help you brainstorm before you hire someone to book you a flight.