Usairways envoy

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by travel_guy25, Jun 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. travel_guy25

travel_guy25 New Member

Status Points:
    Hi- if anyone is interested in doing a mileage run with me in first class overseas I have 2 automatic upgrade certificates I can throw your way as long as you buy yourself and I a coach ticket on the same reservation. You will get the first class seats on the overseas leg and the domestic legs we will have a shot at first class 7 days before departure, Let me know. Usair destinations only!

2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    So you want someone to subsidize your mileage run travel in exchange for US Envoy Upgrades that might not even be guaranteed? :rolleyes:

I somewhat applaud your ingenuity and wish you scurrilous luck in your scrappy effort to fly for free.

Newscience likes this.
  3. travel_guy25

travel_guy25 New Member

Status Points:
    The upgrades are guaranteed, and yes $4k+/- is cheaper for someone vs $7k+ for a first class ticket. So I am offering a great deal to someone if they decide they want first class.

4. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    How are they guaranteed? And you're looking for someone who otherwise would be willing to spend $7k, but views your $4k as some sort of bargain?

5. travel_guy25

travel_guy25 New Member

Status Points:
    Anytime in advance, all fares

Attached Files:

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Assuming the upgrade inventory is available, of course. And there is no guarantee that it will be for a specific flight/date. If it is then you're all set.

Personally I don't think paying for someone else's flight in exchange for an upgrade on mine is generally a great value proposition, but if it works out for you then have fun.

7. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just what upgrade instrument are you using?