USA when and where.

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by AdamAlex, Jun 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. I have talked to my mum and she has said the USA, I am not sure when to go when is the best time. I am thinking of eating at Benu in San Fran. My sister with a husband and three kids are in Palo Alto I would like to know any activities to see and do. I was thinking the Science Museums in the Presdio and Golden Gate Park. I was thinking of Fairmont Ghildelli Square. Then off to Chicago at Trump International to eat at Aliena and to see the George Surat pantings at AIC. The modern park in Chicago and then Robbie House. An architecture tour. Then off to New York at the Four Seasons????? to see the Brooklyn Museum of Art, some Soho Galleries, Statue of Liberty. and also to eat at Eleven Madison.
    Should I go to WDW or somewhere else based on this. Maybe glamping in a national park. I am kind of over weight though. I am not really that keen on Washington D.C but love L.A and Santa Barbara and San Diego. Cheers Adam sorry if my post is strange. Please message if you want clarfication.

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you like museums, Washington DC is certainly a place to include. The Smithsonians could easily take weeks to properly tour.

What you haven't said is how long you have to visit. Will you be in the US a week, two weeks, a month, three months, etc.?

3. I was think at least 3 weeks to a month, but is Washington D.C too american, I love museums but not America is the worlds best country ad. Also before I was banned on FT I put a question on flytalker about the Capella Washington D.C but I should do the Four Seasons in Washington D.C right??? everyone said capella is not consistant inn that forum. Does the Greenwhich Hotel, Four Seasons Washington, Ritz Carlton Chicago, Fairmont Square San Fran sound good. I was thinking of staying at Aria Skysuites but a travel agent suggested the Mandarin Oriental. Is Fairmont according to you a four star or five star hotel chain??? and is The Greenwhich a Four Star hotel or five star? I am asking this because I am looking at five star hotels and am concerned with the non AAA five star rating of both of them. I have stayed at fairmont in L.A and Whistler and did not like them. Is the same non five star service at The Fairmont at the Chocolate Factory??? Sorry for writing on lots of boards guys but I have OCD and tend to be worried about everything. If anyone is confused I can send a msg or contact me at chadsie@gmail.com or on twitter at AdamEfimoff

4. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm confused. Are you touring the US, or just US hotels?

I'm taking it that money isn't a concern?

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

5. MegaDont

MegaDont Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't help you with some other questions, but I can say the Smithsonian's are respectable and great museums and not "America is #1" ads. There is a ton of history there and while the US isn't known for spectacular architecture, Washington DC has some of the best.

6. Can Milepoint delete this forum I think some are confused thanks.

7. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've honestly never heard (nor thought) of DC being a highpoint for US architecture. Monuments yes. Do you have some examples?

Gargoyle likes this.
  8. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, this is helpful, and these are great questions! I think some of the confusion was just around touring hotels versus touring locales.

9. I am going to see sights and stay a great hotels, i would advice on both.
    Thank You

10. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Beautiful! What do you like (in terms of interests or hobbies)? You said you were a bit overweight - I am, too, so don't worry, we'll recommend great sights/places that really represent the country.

Ill let someone else recommend hotels. As a business traveler I don't get to stay in the five-star places enough to give good recommendations.

Personally, I love the Smithsonian Air&Space museum in DC, MOMA in New York, and would recommend tours of the NYSE and NASDAQ to see how the financial sector really runs.

If you're in during the right time, baseball parks like Boston, Wrigley in Chicago and others are great places to experience games.

So, if you could do anything, what would you do? We can help recommend where!

11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]

And I hear the UA concourses are not to be missed. :)

Sweet Willie likes this.
  12. What are the best hotels in the USA?
    Pool
    Spa
    Good Service
    Great In Room Dining

I would have loved the Trump @ Central to be http://www.virtuoso.com

13. Thanks Everyone I am going to ask my sister when I should visit her. She is coming in December as well. But I would love to see her.

Gargoyle likes this.
  14. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points: