USA : Locations

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Destinations' started by AdamAlex2, Feb 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. I heard that Washington D.C is boring even for a culture enthusiast compared to New York, Chicago, San Francisco, New Orleans and even Charleston. I am looking for great dining like high end food, exciting museums, cities with a vibrant nightlife.

gregm likes this.
  2. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    That would be all of the above, except I can't personally vouch for Charleston. (And DC is just OK.)

AdamAlex2 likes this.
  3. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can point out that Washington D.C. has probably the best (and largest) Museum in the World. The Smithsonian takes the entire Mall and also has a branch at Dulles. If you want spectacular art, many of the Collections at the Smithsonian are the best curated in the world (and they change frequently as well).

Additionally, the Library of Congress probably has the largest cultural collection of books, paper, and ephemera anywhere.

Newscience likes this.
  4. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thiyou heard? What is this, 8th grade? State a source! DC is great on a cultural level.

What resources have YOU researched in regard to DC? I would not put San Fran, NoLa or Charleston in the same space.

When I think of US cities with great culture, I think of NYC, Boston, Philadelphia, Cleveland, DC, NoLa, Chicago, etc. Older industrial cities that had awesome philanthropist in the early 1900s! All these places have great food scenes, wonderful museums, amazing art galleries and museums, and good to vibrant nightlife (and that is varies based on who you ask.).

Newscience and iolaire like this.
  5. okay I heard that its not in the top cities by travel and leisure but my annoying and ruthless dad insists I go there and its driving me and you insane

6. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's called over sharing! :p

7. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    For night life, nothing beats NYC.

8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You heard wrong. :rolleyes:

9. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is that you, Georgine, er, john.stuart, er, AdamAlex, er AdamEfimoff?

KENNECTED and Newscience like this.
  10. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't agree to that. It depends on what you're looking for and what type of "night life" you're into.

11. no I just named my name so similar to someone else's profile to confuse you :p can everyonw delete the other profiles too I only need one