USA - EUROPE 2015 UNITED MILEAGE PLUS.

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by tony marlow, Nov 1, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. tony marlow

tony marlow Member

Status Points:
    I have used my miles on United for years but cannot find any saver award business or first availibility on United/Star Alliance from anywhere in the US to anywhere in Europe on any airline from April through summer 2015. How bizzare! Is it me?
    tony.

2. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think so, Tony. I see availability to LHR and Geneva from IAD pretty much every day. I see EWR to MAN. Bith 30k and 60k awards, and 100k and 120k J awards.

Flyer1976 and Wandering Aramean like this.
  3. konoyaro

konoyaro Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was helping a friend look for award flights from SFO > FCO for April / May and I was surprised how limited saver awards were. His options were limited to coach for rather select dates. This is not a route I typically monitor so I don't know what the norm is but I was a little surprised. I guess one must look further in advance for choice European destinations.

4. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Or later. Availability goes up as well as down. Keep checking. You can also check for individual segments - e.g. can you get the IAD-FCO now, and worry about SFO-IAD separately? or ???-FRA, etc.

Flyer1976 and Wandering Aramean like this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Common misconception. The airlines do not necessarily dole out a set of award seats once and when they're gone it is over. Award inventory is dynamic just like revenue seats.

Flyer1976, ssullivan and Counsellor like this.