US800/801 are suddenly very full

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by jbcarioca, May 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a business trip this weekend from GIG to CMH. I use US mostly because the fare is far cheaper than anybody else, and it is always available. For the first time since i have been using US I had the following picture before me getting ready for my flight in Envoy. This time I guess I'll be flying somebody else. It is obviously good for US, but not for me.
    US Airways | Airline tickets, vacations & business flights.png

2. richinaz
    Original Member

richinaz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Holiday weekend (Memorial Day is the 30th). Assuming I'm deciphering your dates correctly.
    In general I just haven't found their airfares competitive. I'd like to make several trips back east (BWI) to visit family/friends and possible job stuff but at prices starting at $440+ (w/o taxes/fees) I can do w/o the trips. Which is why I'll be settling for silver or gold status next year barring something changing.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    My dates are May 21-25. Not many US flyers from Brazil to USA for memorial Day in the US, I would guess. I am discovering that all flights in and out of GIG to the US are stuffed full in Business and first for the next few weeks. A friend who works at GIG says it has been this way for a few weeks. For the last couple fo months I have been mostly going to Europe.

4. richinaz
    Original Member

richinaz Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is my last guess :)
    Seems to be occurring May 26/27.

Have fun in Europe. I just got back from London and am still recovering from the jet lag. It was so much easier when I was living on the east coast.

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    A very obvious one that i knew about but discounted. Many of them are already here. Then there are the Paul McCartney concerts that seem to be filling the hotels too. The concerts apparently sold out in a couple of hours.

richinaz likes this.
  6. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    It looks like they released some inventory. The prices are STEEP. i looks like you already booked JJ. Enjoy Rio. gig.jpg [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

richinaz and jbcarioca like this.
  7. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I live in Rio. I travel to the US, Europe and much of Asia for work. However, I do very much enjoy Rio! When I got up this morning the temperature was about 66F, so it is a cold fall for us.:eek:

8. richinaz
    Original Member

richinaz Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is getting way off topic but are you originally from Rio or somewhere near by? Any quick tips for visitors? In the next few years I wouldn't mind visiting Rio.

The weather overall has been weird. My 9 days in London did not require the use of an umbrella and temps were 65-80. Currently it is only mid 60s in Scottsdale, AZ where normally we would be in the 90s. Yesterday only reached 74. (Not that I'm complaining.)

jbcarioca likes this.
  9. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am a Brazilian/American dual citizen and Rio de Janeiro is my home, but I was born in the USA. Most of the Brazil threads here were started by me. Ask anything you like. I often might not know the answers but i will know how to find out.

richinaz and kellio like this.