US Travelers Can Soon Apply For 10 Year Chinese Visa

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Nov 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Woohoo! I hate the process of getting visas (not the credit cards -- those I love -- as they fund much of my travel). The process is costly, time consuming, and means I have to separate myself from my passport for some amount of time as the visa is being processed. Fortunately I have both a US and German passport, which helps me at least somewhat. Countries love going "tit-for-tat" with the US, whereby if the US adds visa requirements or fees, they reciprocate. That's where my German passport is invaluable, since it has saved me hundreds of dollars and a lot of aggravation, especially in South America. My German passport has allowed me to enter Brazil without a visa, and Argentina and Chile without having to pay a reciprocal entry fee. Anyway, the US and China have announced a new, reciprocal 10 year visa policy for tourists and business travelers. This is supposed to kick in tomorrow, Wednesday, November 12, 2014, and will allow travelers from both countries to apply for a 10 year visa rather than the current maximum of a one year visa. The post US Travelers Can Soon Apply For 10 Year Chinese Visa appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...