US To Offer Premium Meals/Wine for Int'l Economy for $19.99

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Sean Colahan, Aug 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Saw this this morning on US Facebook/Twiter feed.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/traveltools/intheair/foodandbeverages/economy.html

Meals in Economy

When you fly in Economy, you have a choice between two complimentary entrées, which we rotate monthly. We also sell premium meals on flights to Europe, the Middle East and South America and we offer special meals on all flights in Economy. Take a look at DineFresh, our complimentary meals and special meals before you fly!

DineFresh

[​IMG]
    Treat yourself to a premium meal paired with wine

Introducing DineFresh. Order a fresh upgraded meal before you fly and we'll bring it right to your seat. For $19.99, you'll enjoy a delicious meal with your choice of wine.

About DineFresh:

• You can buy a premium meal for flights to Europe, the Middle East and South America
    • You must order at least 24 hours before your flight
    • Place your order online (we'll send you an email reminder before your flight)

[​IMG]
    Citrus-marinated chicken skewers

This chilled meal includes citrus-marinated chicken skewers on Mediterranean orzo topped with mango chutney, served with lavosh crackers, classic shrimp cocktail, marinated grilled vegetables and crème brûlée cheesecake with fresh berries.

[​IMG]
    Vegetarian Portobello tortellini

This chilled vegetarian meal features hearty Portobello tortellini marinated in sun-dried tomato pesto, served with Caprese salad, lavosh crackers, olives, a duo of hummus and baba ganoush and turtle cheesecake with fresh berries.

You must place your order online at least 24 hours before you fly. All you need is your flight number and confirmation code. Place your order now and treat yourself on your next flight!

Complimentary meals

Sample menus

We still serve complimentary meals in Economy. If you decide not to buy a DineFresh meal, you'll have a choice between two entrees.

Europe to the U.S.

Lunch or dinner: Chicken breast with thyme honey sauce with Caprese salad, multi-grain roll and double chocolate brownie

Arrival snack: Sun-dried tomato and provolone panini
    U.S. to Europe

Dinner: Cavatappi pasta with brown butter sage sauce with fresh green salad, whole wheat roll and a blondie brownie

Arrival snack: Cranberry-orange flat top muffin

Tel Aviv to the U.S.

Dinner: Beef carbonade with fresh green salad and cucumbers, whole wheat roll and apple strudel

Breakfast: Mixed berry cheese blintzes with fresh fruit, white roll and yogurt

U.S. to Tel Aviv

Dinner: Orange chipotle chicken with fresh green salad, whole wheat roll and a classic brownie

Arrival meal: Cheese omelet with fresh garden salsa and fresh fruit

South America to the U.S.

Dinner: Grilled beef tenderloin with fresh green salad and carrots, herbed roll and a creamy coconut cake

Arrival snack: Fresh raisin and cinnamon danish with fresh fruit and yogurt

U.S. to South America

Dinner: Beef stroganoff with a fresh green salad, white roll and double chocolate crunch brownie

Arrival snack: Turkey ham and cheddar croissant with a fruit cup and mint tea cookie
    Special meals

We also have special meals, including Kosher and low sodium meals. You must order special meals at least 24 hours before your flight.

2. gamecock

gamecock Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure I would order one of these meals, but I do like the trend of US carriers offering upgraded products fo a price rather than continuing to nickel and dime us for what should be included in the price of the ticket.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I was a US flyer flying long-haul, I'd certainly give it a try.

SC Flier and Sean Colahan like this.
  4. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just ordered this for my flight this week. Since I will be sitting in Coach, I thought this would cheer me up :) . It does look nice. I'll report back upon my return to say whether it seemed worth it.

5. PVDtoDEL

PVDtoDEL Active Member

Status Points:
    Was it worth it?

6. enichols22124

Status Points:
    Sorry for the slow reply, I only just got back. In a word: yes. Presentation was very nice, food was delicious. The only thing that caught me off-guard was that it was served cold. But, it was really delicious, much much better than the stock Coach dish. Served with a glass of wine, I think it was a nice splurge. I think I will make a a regular thing for long flights.

SC Flier likes this.
  7. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    What did you order that was served cold? Thanks for the report.

8. enichols22124

Status Points:
    Sorry for the slow reply: I had the Chicken skewers, and I presumed they would be served hot. But (and I have read some other reviews saying the same thing), I guess it is supposed to be served cold. It was still great, just a mild surprise.