US to begin PHL-SLC Service June 8th

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Sean Colahan, Jan 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sound this out at Apex blog (http://blog.apex.aero/pr-jan-2013/) that US will begin PHL-SLC service starting on June 8th on A230 aircraft. The schedule is as follows.

Depart PHL 6:10 pm - Arrive SLC 9:04 pm.
    Depart SLC 8:25 am - Arrive PHL 2.44 pm

According to the blog post it looks as if US is timing these flights to feed international traffic at PHL. I wonder what the plans for the aircraft are between 9pm and 8:30 am. It could sit overnight, though I wonder if they are working this in with PHX flight times.

I commend US for expanding into this DL hub (they added the CLT flight last year and have kept it operating).
    I still would like to see a seasonal 8am PHL departure to arrive at 11am in SLC (plenty of time for an afternoon of skiing.) and the same on the return 3 or 4 pm departure (morning skiing before heading home) with plenty of time to connect to other east coast cities in PHL.

DeacFlyer1 and sobore like this.
  2. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh that's terrific news. I just got slated for a project that will require a good deal of travel to SLC.

Sean Colahan likes this.
  3. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Let's hope it sticks this time! They announced seasonal PHL-SLC service in early 2012, but cancelled it before it ever started...

Sean Colahan likes this.