US: No more of the LAX T1 rathole...or the nice T4...or even T6?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by redtailshark, Aug 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    What happens to US ops at LAX when it is finally subsumed completely under the AA OC? It's great that there's no more of the notorious T1 rathole (this has been totally abrogated to WN) but then there was T4 for a time and yesterday I discover ops at T6? Perhaps next, TBIT?

2. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    T6 is a fairly miserable place too, let's be honest. No proper food options unless you walk to 5 or 7. At least there is usually plenty of seating. T4 has the food court but nowhere to sit.

I do wonder what will happen when the merger is officially complete, but AA barely has enough gate space with only their own operations at T4. I would be surprised if they could wedge US in there as well, even though they don't have nearly as many flights.

flyforawg and redtailshark like this.
  3. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    @timfrost, but they will, you know they will....they'll "rationalize" the schedule and reduce overall service to fit gate capacity at T4. And I bet the 738s don't grow to 763s either.

timfrost and flyforawg like this.