US: Need Max Segments - Please Help

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by ChrisUNC, Aug 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    I earn my status every year via segments, but I'm coming up a tad short this year. I need a good run that can squeeze in as many segments as possible on a 1 - 2 day run. I'd like to keep the average cost per segment under $70 (under $50 would be ideal).

Home airport is RIC, but if someone can help with a reco for run beginning/ending in either CLT or PHL I can figure out the positioning and return home.

I've already got one run planned: RIC-CLT-AUS-PHX-ANC-PHX-AUS-CLT-RIC.

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    How many short? There's 8 segments in that one alone.

3. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Assuming none of my plans fall through between now and the end of the year, I'll need 8 more segments to hit 120 on US - which already factors in the run I mentioned in my first post. That run in planned for the first week of October. I've setup fare alerts to see if I can find another good deal on it, but want to keep exploring other options.

4. tfd

tfd Silver Member

Status Points:
    How about this: RIC - CLT - SDF - CLT - RIC. Availability Tuesday / Wednesday / Saturday same day turns. Sample: October 5th on US for $179.

That's $44.75 a segment. Here's the Google Flights Booking Link: https://www.google.com/flights/#sea...LTSDF0US4521,SDFCLT0US3762-CLTRIC0US2080;a=US