US: EWR / BOS / DC <-> West Coast Cities (LAX/SJC/BUR/PDX/SEA etc). <$175 r/t.

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by tfd, Aug 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. tfd

tfd Silver Member

Status Points:
    Tuesday/Wednesday departures
    Until 11/14

under 3.0 cents per mile possible. Have not played around to see if 0 day turns are possible.

Sample Date: October 16th - 23rd for EWR-LAX.

2. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Requires a one night stay according to fare rules. Fare is only valid for Tuesday or Wednesday departures. I can't find much with just a one night stay. Maybe book a ticket on another airline inside of it? EWR-BUR is giving me the most results right now.

3. tfd

tfd Silver Member

Status Points:
    This sale is nuts. There are so many city pairs -- seem like someone was doing an update and forgot a 1 in front of the fare.

4. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nope, it is pretty deliberate. The blackout date restrictions are quite different from anything I've seen in a long time, if not ever before. BDL-LAS is also giving some decent results. US doesn't often get this cheap for MRs due to the relative positions of their hubs and DCA.

5. tfd

tfd Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's pretty typical for US Airways.. their fare rule always has tons of blackout dates.. But the fact that it's pretty much all city pairs leads me to think that they screwed up the 4PM upload to the GDS.

6. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I still think that this is deliberate. However, the fact that the two lowest fares on ExpertFlyer divide evenly has me thinking...

7. mikeschu
    Original Member

mikeschu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Possible semi-match to WN's "3 million likes" sale? Think that one was Tuesday departures only.

8. tfd

tfd Silver Member

Status Points:
    fare gone.