US changing terminals at LAS?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by DeacFlyer1, Feb 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Overheard a TSA agent at LAS last week tell another pax that US was moving to Terminal 3 in March (he was asking if Pre-check was ever going to come to the T1 A gates that US currently uses, and this was in response to that). Has anyone heard/read anything about this?

I'd love to get out of the dumpy A gates, and moving to 3 would make going to the UA club a nice bonus, but I'm not sure what would prompt the move from A...it's not like LAS is trying to free up space or like US is expanding. Any thoughts?

LETTERBOY likes this.
  2. rrgg
    Original Member

rrgg Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's interesting. Wouldn't that put them closer to AA (assuming AA is at D)?

3. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought the plan was for US to move to the D gates, but still use Terminal 1 checkin. Is LAS planning to close the A concourse? it's rather efficient, short walk, no train....

ballardFlyer and DeacFlyer1 like this.
  4. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Moving to D would seem to make the most sense...

5. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just an FYI, It took me a total of 20 minutes to get from the LAS United Club to the US gates; 10 mins walk/tram from the club to the terminal area and then a 10 minute walk over to the A gates from there. I asked. LAS police officer politely to open the door to the C/B/A area by the tram and he obliged.

It'll be a lot easier if AA/US moved or had a new club or was closer to the D gates, but its not that bad of a hike now.

DeacFlyer1 and viguera like this.