US Carribean destinations with full FC meal service?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by rhoady, Jun 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rhoady

rhoady Silver Member

Status Points:
    Which Carribean destinations have full meal serrvice, i.e. plates, glassware,etc? The flight needs to be 3.5+ hrs.

Is it everything south of the Bahamas from PHL? Anything from CLT?

2. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Many carribean flights do not have meal service. the islands further south/east generally do. I believe SXM has 757-200 service with the beds plus a meal.

3. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think SJU has - it's a long flight from everywhere...

4. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    CLT-SJU has it.

5. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I flew CLT to St. Lucia (UVF) and then UVF-PHL on the way home a couple years ago, and that was about 4 hours going and close to 5 hours coming back. I wasn't in F but I would imagine that would have a full meal.

6. scubaflyer
    Original Member

scubaflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    In the pursuit of good diving and/or nice beaches, I've flown many of the more southern/eastern Caribbean destinations that US services. The ones I can remember with full meal service in F are as follows: Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, Aruba, San Juan, St. Thomas. I can't remember if I had full meal service to Montego Bay or Punta Cana, but those may have it also. Some of these were from PHL and some from CLT, but I often try to route from PHL if I feel it adds more flight time to garner a meal service where CLT may not. Plus PHL-SJU can be on a 330 with the new Envoy suites, which is a nice plus for that route (normally serviced by a 319 or 320 I believe). Customs and Immigration in CLT is much better (IMHO) than PHL, so that is always a consideration too.

Some of these trips were awhile ago, so hopefully nothing has changed negatively on this. Good luck.

7. dwhotz
    Original Member

dwhotz Silver Member

Status Points:
    PHL-PUJ and back had meal service some years back.

8. Izzyl

Izzyl Member

Status Points:
    PHL to MBJ has a meal service, just over 3.5 hours.

9. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am flying F PHL to SJU. Booked on a 767, but cheacked in today for flight tomorrow to view the following seat map of 5 rows, 4 across...itinerary says 767, but seat map screams 330-200 with new Envoy....did I just hit the jackpot?..

10. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That'd be awesome if you did...I guess what I wonder is, if US has an extra 330 lying around during the peak summer season that they can use to the carribean, don't you think it's time to open up a new long haul international destination?

Sean Colahan likes this.
  11. phlwookie
    Original Member

phlwookie Silver Member

Status Points:
    US 1071 tomorrow is currently showing ship 282, which would indeed be N282AY, an A330-200. Keep your fingers crossed that they don't swap it a second time. Presumably the IFE would still be off, though I'd be interested as to whether they at least run the GPS map or maybe some of the games or other content.

Perhaps this is the A332 that arrives from TLV at 5:30am and doesn't probably need to be anywhere else until it goes to Europe or back to Israel in the evening? That type has certainly been scheduled down to SJU in the past, though currently the nonstops are scheduled as a 767 (US 1071, the pod seats in first), A320 (US 1073, domestic first class seats) and a 757 (US 741, this would have old Envoy seating).

Sean Colahan likes this.
  12. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:

That would sound about right. Get in from TLV, fly down and back to SJU, then back over to Europe/TLV that night...good use of equipment US! Will let everyone know what we are on tomorrow.