US Airways Site Updated - Still No Partner Awards Online

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by ballardFlyer, Sep 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    US Airways refreshed their website. It is mostly design and graphical changes - there are still no online partner awards etc.

Its a little puzzling much like their late to the party app - this seems like odd timing considering the switch to AA IT coming up if the merger closes.

2. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't expect online partner awards until we know the outcome of the merger. And if the merger fails (I expect it to, FWIW), I don't think we'll see online partner awards even then. I can't see Dougie spending the money for that. If the merger goes through, OTOH, all they have to do is just start using AA's system. They'll spend money regardless combining the systems in that case, so he'd be more willing to spend the money.

It looks different, but not terribly different, so there probably wasn't the kind of work that would go into a complete overhaul.

ballardFlyer likes this.
  3. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I didn't really expect them to do partners either. Nor a website update or to launch 2 mobile apps in the last 45 days. Its a bit left field but perhaps I the wheels were in motion on all of this pre-merger or LCC IT doesn't care it may be about to be torpedoed.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  4. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it's pretty clear that US/AA were assuming the merger would be approved, and were proceeding on that basis. They had already announced post-merger executives, for example. Dougie never thought that the DOJ would seek to block the merger, so proceeded as if it were a given he would get his way.

5. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    The status quo works just fine for me, look for availability on united, speak to the chairman's desk and it's booked (and more often than not for fewer miles than what UA is asking). To get the website to price it, you need to do lots of IT work, as much of what the agent does is still manual in terms of calling the rates desk, etc.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  6. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    When you're an LCC, IT is simply an expense. That's US's legacy.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

LETTERBOY likes this.
  7. HeathrowGuy
    Original Member

HeathrowGuy Gold Member

Status Points:

The switch to AA's IT for passenger-handling functions (reservations, check-in, etc.) wouldn't happen in full for at least a year following the merger.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  8. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    I doubt that. Based on my knowledge to date, I'd say six months tops, but I'd be willing to put a 50/50 bet at the four month mark (one quarter plus 30 days). That's for passenger-facing systems. Others internal systems could trail out to a year because of regulatory requirements, and a smaller fraction will have to wait for a common operating certificate.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

ballardFlyer and LETTERBOY like this.