US Airways Rolled Out Mobile Boarding Passes to More Cities!

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by rggale, Mar 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mark Allen Jackson and FarPoint like this.
  2. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bring on the mobile boarding passes!!!! I have only gotten to use it once on UA last year and enjoyed the experience immensely.

3. Flag_November
    Original Member

Flag_November Silver Member

Status Points:
    The guy behind me in line at PHL last night was using a mobile boarding pass, but he got a surprise because his phone ran out of juice. Lesson learned!

4. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    According to the US website "Your flight originates (or connects) in Charlotte, Boston, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, New York (LGA), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh or Washington, DC (DCA)" I read this as anyone can use the mobile boarding pass, not just people originating in these cities.

5. FarPoint
    Original Member

FarPoint Silver Member

Status Points:
    When using a mobile boarding pass, what do you do when someone wants to see your boarding pass? For instance, a FA or GA might ask for a BP when resolving a seat assignment conflict. I'm guessing I'll always keep a paper BP as a backup!

6. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've found it's good to have a paper backup, at least at this early stage of the game. I was flying Delta a few months ago and had a mobile BP, but the TSA mobile scanner was broken, so I had to have a paper BP to get through security. Luckily I had a paper backup, or else I would've had to get out of line and go back to the kiosk.

7. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I usually travel with a companion, so I guess I'll have to wait until I fly alone in order to try this.

8. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would never travel without a paper boarding pass. If my company's server goes down, so does my Blackberry.

9. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    In my 3+ years (I think) of using mobile BPs on CO (about 100 segments/year), I have only had 2 issues where I needed to get a paper BP. YMMV, but I think it is definitely worth it not to have to print anything, etc. It makes changing your seats, processing upgrades, changing flights, etc. a cinch.

10. uva185
    Original Member

uva185 Member

Status Points:
    Checked in a freind traveling on a single person PNR last Friday and got prompted for a mobile boarding pass (I declined it). Then I checked in myself and another friend traveling together and we were not prompted for a mobile boarding pass.

11. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hate mobile boarding passes. Well, no. I hate the poorly implemented scanning technology (having to flip a phone over and dealing with orientation changes is irritating) and lackluster TSA training (there's a shocker) on this boarding pass method makes me not care for it.

The scanner malfunctions, TSA sends you to the desk to get a physical pass. TSA says you should carry a hard copy backup. That genius suggestion defeats the purpose of using mobile boarding passes in the first place.