US Airways RDMs and MM status in new AAdvantage program

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Nov 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Until a couple years ago, all miles, no matter how acquired, counted towards AA Million Miler status.

How do you expect will the new AAdvantage program treat US DM members - will they count their RDMs acquired up to the cut-off date for AA as MM-qualifying miles to put US DM flyers on equal footing?

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would be NICE if they counted all miles up until the merger. That would include miles I purchased after the AA cutoff and push me over a million.

What they'll actually do and what they can do (and what's easiest to do based on what having more MM members will 'cost") is anyone's guess.

The Boat likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, what is your guess? (I am not expecting an authoritative answer from anyone: "How do you expect...")

4. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know enough about their IT. I figure if I expect only BIS miles before or after count, I'll be surprised on the positive side.

traveltoomuch likes this.
  5. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Let's hope they do better than AC did with CP members when recognizing lifetime MM status. AC didn't count a single mile earned in the CP program much to the disgust of many of us who'd earned many hundreds of thousands of flight miles on that carrier!

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  6. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Personally I think the AC case may be a one off situation even DL allowed Pan-Am members to carry forward their miles when they took over that program.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  7. The Boat
    Original Member

The Boat Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm in the same situation with ~800k on US and another ~250k on AA, unless Dougie does something to screw up the system.

MSYgirl likes this.