US Airways offering 10x miles on car rental

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by gallivant, Oct 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. gallivant

gallivant Silver Member

Status Points:
    US Airways is offering 10x the miles when you use their card for car rentals with Enterprise. Just found a car out of DEN for $13 a day.

PedroNY and viguera like this.
  2. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like a great deal but you might be better off finding a higher price if your looking to get more miles. It's the same per dollar but taxes and fees may not count. Maybe an off airport rental site would be better with way less taxes and fees typically. Just thinking.

gallivant and viguera like this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed... IMO cheap rentals are just like cheap hotel rooms, you do it to bump up the count, not necessarily to save a few dollars. A promo like this would make me reconsider a weekly rental or anything of the sort... say spend $300 with the Enterprise / US combination to earn 3k miles rather than spend $250 with someone else and not earn as many miles.

gallivant likes this.
  4. gallivant

gallivant Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I spend $130 for the week which I am or $300 the miles are the same at 10x. I have to remind myself often that I am in this game to travel as close to free as I can get. If I can get miles for most of my normal spending I am a happy camper. Its easy for me to get caught up in my avocation, ok maybe its more likely an obsession, by spending more needlessly. No wonder the CC business is so lucrative. That said if anyone knows of a more lucrative mile deal for one week car rental in Colorado I am all ears. I just haven't found it yet.

PedroNY likes this.