US Airways Now Pricing Awards As One Ways

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    No, before you get too excited, US Airways isn't allowing one way awards for half the cost of a roundtrip. Let me explain, though. As it stands, US Airways charges the same number of miles for a one-way award as they do for a roundtrip. So booking just New York to Hong Kong one-way in Cathay Pacific first class costs 120,000 miles, while booking the roundtrip costs the same number of miles. Furthermore, historically US Airways has charged you the roundtrip cost for the highest class of service you fly. For example, say you fly New York to Hong Kong in economy and Hong Kong to New York in first class, you'd be charged the roundtrip first class award cost. The post US Airways Now Pricing Awards As One Ways appeared first on One Mile at a Time. Comments@ Richklhs — Clearly I'm way behind the times then. Odd, ... by luckyBen – found this out a month ago when I booked the wife ... by RichklhsRelated Stories9 Best Business Class AwardsDiscounted US Airways First Class Awards To South AmericaHow To Refund Aeroplan Award Within 21 Days Of Departure

Continue reading...