US Airways MileSaver Awards - Paris and London

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Sky King, Feb 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Sky King
    Original Member

Sky King Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was able to get Phoenix to London to work with the code. As long as you go through PHL. Sample date below. Still have to pay the hefty tax from LHR and it's a little cold there now...but for $220 and 25k miles...not bad.

london.png

london2.png

Here's how:

• Enter your cities and dates
    • Book a roundtrip - departing Friday through Sunday & returning Sunday through Wednesday
    • Use eCertificate DD020612 for domestic markets, EE020612 for Europe (CDG, LGW, LHR) plus pay taxes - we'll waive the $75 quick-ticketing fee

icurhere2, alohastephen and deant like this.
  2. Gulfstream 550

Gulfstream 550 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will you get any mileage credit for this trip? Is the 220 for taxes, or some for USAirways? If some of it is the fare, I would presume you should get some type of mileage. Looks like a nice trip!! Let us know about PHL-LHR-PHL legs.

3. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why would ever get miles on an award ticket? Anyway, 25,000 miles to Europe is an very good deal.

4. Gulfstream 550

Gulfstream 550 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am presuming the $220 must be PHX-PHL-PHX then - if that is what the 220 is for, then please rescind my question.

5. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm taking this as he found a great workaround to the published milesavers and the 220.00 is taxes and fees. Very, very clever:D

6. Sky King
    Original Member

Sky King Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're correct kellio. We all know US Airways isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. I got to wondering if their programers only made that code available to the certain cities. Turns out they didn't. As long as you route through the city where the MileSaver is supposed to be originating from i.e. PHL - LHR i got it to work. I never tried other cities not listed on the MileSaver list though.

It's not that big of a savings at 25K miles considering it is off-peak season as it stands right now anyways. Normal rate is 35K - 5K DMS (US Mastercard savings) = 30K miles. They do however waive the quick ticketing fee of $75. The $220 was mostly all taxes and fees. It's incredibly expensive to fly OUT of LHR. Damn Brits...

iolaire and kellio like this.
  7. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last week there was a 10k/15k PHL/BDA. Would have been a smoking deal out of PHX.

8. Sky King
    Original Member

Sky King Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is it just me or is US Airways releasing more MileSavers? It seems like last year there were hardly any. I took advantage of the Seattle one in Sept. and flew up for one night, had luch with family and flew home.

kellio likes this.
  9. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    So far this year they have been more frequent. Seems like last year and in 2010 they could go months without publishing a new list. I like the consistency so far:)

10. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    MileSavers (not e-savers) are always last minute awards to certain destinations and thus far only from the three hubs. This isn't new - though London and Paris are the first transatlantic destinations they've offered under this program.

The program started in the middle of 2011 I believe, and happened generally once a month. However, for the past two months it's been more frequent.

Because it's a discount mileage booking, no one's going to collect miles. The $220 in OP's example is for taxes and fees - not airline revenue. Even in Y taxes on longhaul flights exiting the UK suck. Not as bad as they could be, but still not nice.

What is nifty is the screw-up by US allowing this to be bookable from PHX. If I didn't have definite things to do this weekend I'd be giving it a shot for CDG.

Sky King likes this.