US Airways MC Anniversary Bonus

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by autolycus, Mar 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    What's been the pattern with when the 10k anniversary bonus miles post? I just got my anniversary/annual fee notice in the mail today and it made no mention at all of the 10k annual bonus. It said the annual fee would be charged to my account on 3/19. It looks like my current statement will close on 3/5. Is my anniversary bonus likely to post with the current statement's miles? I'm a little nervous about the total lack of mention of the bonus on my account page or in the annual notice letter I got in the mail.

If the 10k posts, my 40k from my 2nd card will bring me up to a little over 215k just from credit card bonuses (and only spending $4k or so total on the cards to get all of those) and a 100k purchase with the 100% bonus in February. I will miss this card when Citi gets its exclusive deal with the new AA. :(

miles and smiles likes this.
  2. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    There was no mention of the bonus in my notice. Yet my bonus showed up promptly around the time of the my first anniversary. I don't remember the exact timing, but it posted without my having to do anything and within my anniversary month.

3. youpaiyou

youpaiyou Silver Member

Status Points:
    I signed up for a US Airways card that has no anniversary bonus. Did you do the same?

autolycus likes this.
  4. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I signed up using the Chairman's Preferred link that did advertise the anniversary bonus. Actually did that with both cards.

5. Mrlasssen

Mrlasssen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone successfully had their card converted to the Chairman at anniversary and received the 10K bonus?

6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did it post before or after the fee was billed?

autolycus likes this.
  7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't think there is anything to convert. The Chairman's link was meant for DM members with Chairman's status. Didn't give a "Chairman's card" to them, just different benefits than the peon's offer.

autolycus likes this.
  8. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Miles posted a couple weeks before fee was billed.

autolycus likes this.
  9. suenam

suenam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine posted 1 month before the annual fee. Same thing for my husband.

autolycus likes this.
  10. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    wtf?! mine never posts before the annual fee.

autolycus likes this.
  11. hashj01

hashj01 Active Member

Status Points:
    My annual fee will be coming due for my US MC as well. I signed up for the one with the 10K bonus at renewal. Has anyone experienced them pulling those 10K back if you cancel the card within the 30-day window of the fee hitting the account? On another note, has anyone had any luck with Barclays waiving the annual fee or giving a retention offer similar to how Citi does with the AAdvantage cards?