US Airways -- is my current card the 10K on renewal version?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by LarryInNYC, Jan 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I each have US Airways credit cards coming up from renewal. I'm perfectly willing to let them renew if we have the 10K on renewal offer. I'm just not entirely certain which version we have.

I looked at our Dividend Miles accounts, and each account shows a 10K mile deposit at around renewal time last year. I assume this is the 10K renewal from last year. The only thing that I question is that the mile deposits are labelled US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY 50% BONUS rather than anything having to do with renewal.

Also, I assume it's 10K with each renewal, not just the first one. Can anyone confirm that?

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    If it were me (and it *will* be me in a couple of months) I would ping them via secure message (Barclays has that, right?) and get it confirmed in writing.

icurhere2 likes this.
  3. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    That would be my normal course of action (not sure whether they have SM or not, but could call) except that I'm in the middle of applying for second cards, plus business cards, and given all that I've heard about the reconsideration line closing down accounts and cutting credit lines, I'd rather not have a human being look at our accounts just now.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  4. AlohaMiles

AlohaMiles Member

Status Points:
    This is the exact title my yearly 10K showed on my statment in October so I think you're good!

thepointstraveler likes this.
  5. thepointstraveler

thepointstraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed, mine just renewed and this is exactly how it showed as well. On a side note... The offer I originally applied for did not even mention a 10k renewal bonus so I was extremely surprised to see this on both my wife's account and mine!

6. AlohaMiles

AlohaMiles Member

Status Points:
    Now we have to hope that the card is still around when our next renewal comes up so we can get it again! Sounds like it might be sticking around for a while after the merger.

7. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't forget your CP and Lounge pass...also.