US Airways Forum Members Who Are Attending The *A Mega Do

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by SS255, Sep 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe that there were 5 or 6 of us last year, and it was very helpful to know in advance who we all were!

Post in this thread if you are attending, and I will continue to update it until Tuesday (I leave for ORD on Wednesday AM)

ATTENDEES
    SS255 (Arriving Wednesday afternoon)
    scubaflyer (Arriving Wednesday afternoon)
    sc801
    Sean Colahan (Arriving at JFK on Monday)
    cedric
    jupper

2. scubaflyer
    Original Member

scubaflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good idea Debbie :D. I will be there of course. I believe several of the US faithful from SMD2 will also be there for SMD3. I know that sc801, Cedric, and SeanColahan are US people on SMD3. Both sc801 and Cedric were with me in Randy Class last year (which was a blast). Then (of course) sc801 won the 'everything free SMD3' from Randy this year. SMD3 will be a good time for sure.

I'll also be arriving Wednesday afternoon.

3. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a decent idea of what goes on at this thing, but can someone please fill me in on why it's called a "Mega Do"? Is "Do" pronounced like "Dew" as in "I drink Mountain Dew"? As in we're going to do a lot of things, so it's Mega, so "Mega Do"? Or is it pronounced "doh" like Homer Simpson would say?

Just seems like a really funny name, but it seems to be pretty widely known in the FF community...would love any background on the name!

4. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    A "do" is a gathering. It is pronounced "do."

5. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:

6. Gulfstream 550

Gulfstream 550 Silver Member

Status Points:
    When is or was the do?

7. Gulfstream 550

Status Points:
    Is it in Chicago next week? I might be able to make it as I have business on the North Shore potentially.

8. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting. I consider myself pretty well-versed in the English language, but had no idea that "gathering" was a definition of "do." Still a goofy name IMHO, but thanks for filling me in!

9. Gulfstream 550

Status Points:
    DeacFlyer1 - I put and sadly paid for a "gathering" in Sydney with Randy Peterson and the FlyerTalk die hards for the A380 inaugural back in 2007. That was the first time I strated hearing "do". It really threw me for a loop because I was trying to think of what it meant:

do - Do you like me?
    do - Something you little kids make in the diapers
    dew - The moisture on the grass at sunrise

It threw me off and I still have to think about it.

Can someone please give me the details, I would like to come to the "do"

10. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Mega Do begins in New York on Monday morning, continues in MUC on Tuesday, then Chicago on Wednesday, the charter flight departs on Thursday from ORD to YUL, and to DEN on Friday. The Do officially ends on Friday night when we land in DEN, but there are activities throughout the weekend for those of us who are booked on the charter. Some of the events are also open to the public. The charter flight is sold out, but a few people did drop out last minute, so if you're interested, start a conversation with Pizzaman asap!

If you go into Community, there is a sub-forum for the Do. There is also a thread for the OneWorld MegaDo launch party, which will be held at the Andaz West Hollywood on Sunday night, October 9. The OneWorld MegaDo will be in January. The details will be announced at the launch party.

11. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm doing both legs. Will be at US Club at LGA b4 heading to JFK. Any other US'ers doing both portions? Can't wait to see all of you.

12. dsldog400

dsldog400 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was on the domestic portion of SMD2, and am doing the same starting at ORD for SMD3 as as US-PLAT *A Gold.

13. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ugh.....I wasn't checking this thread during the SMD3 -- couldn't keep up!!! I apologize for not getting you on the master list. I wonder if we met each other??

I got home this afternoon -- less 24 hours to detox before I have to leave for SEA for work. I hope all of you had as good of a time as I did!