US Airways Envoy Equipment Thread

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by ande777emt, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ande777emt
    Original Member

ande777emt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought there should be a thread on here keeping track of the equipment and seating available on Envoy flights.

US Airways Envoy Seating Site

A330-300 -Row 1, 180 degree recline Full-Flat seat; all other seats are the Envoy Recliner

In the future, they will be outfitted with the Envoy Suite, So far 1 of 9 Converted.

A330-200 -Envoy Suite with full-flat seat

757-200 -Recliner

767-200 ER -Angled Lie-Flat
    Route Equipment

As of Winter 2011 and published schedule for Winter 11/Summer 2012.

From PHL:

A330-300: FRA (2nd daily in S 11), MUC, FCO, MAN, SJU (Domestic F service)

A330-200: LHR, CDG, TLV, MAD, BCN (S 11), SJU (Domestic F service)

767-200 ER: ZRH, DUB (W 11 after 12/16), BCN (W 11), ATH (S 12), VCE (S 12-unknown)

757-200: AMS, BRU, GLA (S 12), *LIS (S 12)

From CLT:

A330-300: FRA, LGW, FCO (S 12)

A330-200: CDG, FRA (2nd daily/ S 12)

767-200 ER: GIG, FCO (W 11), MAD (S 12)

757-200: *DUB (S 12)

Disclaimer: Aircraft may change based upon US Airways operational needs. Poster is not responsible for Aircraft changes or seat utilized on aircraft. Site is for informational purposes only.

Edit: Updated 11/26

jbcarioca, kellio and Sean Colahan like this.
  2. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info--Where are you getting the equipment info for each route? The one I question above is CLT-LGW...I believe that's operated with the 333 and not 332.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the post. hopefully US will get the rest of the international fleet with the Envoy Suites. Think they will do the A333 or the boeing fleet first with the suites. Can't wait to book 2 Suites this summer to Europe and will defiantly reference your guide as to what planes into which airports (minus equipment swaps).

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. MikeLaw
    Original Member

MikeLaw Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are correct, CLT-LGW is 333 as far as schedules are loaded.

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. MikeLaw
    Original Member

MikeLaw Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe the current plan is still to do the 333 as they are rotated for maintenance next fall/winter.

jbcarioca and Sean Colahan like this.
  6. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yup...they're waiting until after the busy summer tourist season and then will reconfigure all 333's fall of '11 into spring '12. I believe they're also slated to refubish the economy cabins as well (clean things up, new IFE, etc).

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. ande777emt
    Original Member

ande777emt Gold Member

Status Points:
    The seating info from the US airways envoy equipment website, the equipment schedule I got from the *A timetable.

I fixed the error in regards to the CLT-LGW route.

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. ande777emt
    Original Member

ande777emt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seeing that the 762's have an angled lie-flat seat, are not wide enough to accommodate Envoy suites in a 1-2-1 config, and destined for replacement (eventually) with 18 more 332's and 18 358's and 4 359's on order.

jbcarioca likes this.
  9. To be clear, I believe in the summer that there are two daily PHL-FRA flights on the A333 (# 700 and 702).

jbcarioca likes this.
  10. Phudnik
    Original Member

Phudnik Gold Member

Status Points:
    In the past, the seasonal late FRA flight was on a 762. Has that changed for this summer?

jbcarioca likes this.
  11. dcpatti
    Original Member

dcpatti Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm curious about the maintenance rotation. Any speculation on from which routes we'll see the A333's rotated out first? Curiosity more than anything. I have some CP certs I need to burn quickly and will be using them for CLT-LGW in November; since I need to go to London in November and there's no upgrade availability into LHR, I'm booking the "sure thing" but it would be a nice surprise to see the Envoy Suites on my trip :)

jbcarioca likes this.
  12. ande777emt
    Original Member

ande777emt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Updated as of 3/24

jbcarioca likes this.
  13. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is there any reliable information about the new A/C delivery schedule as it stands now?

14. ande777emt
    Original Member

ande777emt Gold Member

Status Points:
  15. scubaflyer
    Original Member

scubaflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    For the A330-200/300, you may also want to add PHL-SJU. I flew this last year and got to experience the Envoy Suites on the 200 for a very reasonable price (considering the upgrade to the suites was free as a Preferred upgrade) ;). It may not be full Envoy service (no Envoy food or IFE), but it was pretty cool to have the nice seats. I even took advantage of having full lie-flat by taking a nap each way (I picked my flights carefully and got the suites both ways). I know US also flies the 300 on this route, but you can find the 200.

Sean Colahan likes this.
  16. ande777emt
    Original Member

ande777emt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Updated 5/4 CLT-FCO upgauged to 333

jbcarioca, kellio and Sean Colahan like this.
  17. heels05
    Original Member

heels05 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What are the Best Envoy seats on a 332?

I'm looking to book a few off-peak trips to Europe this winter and it looks like I have my pick of the whole cabin. I'd like to have a window all else being equal so I'm thinking either 1H or 2A. Does anyone else have a favorite seat or something to avoid on the 332?

Also, looking at the seat map on usairways.com, there is not 1A option but Seatguru shows a 1A. Does anyone know who is right?

jbcarioca likes this.
  18. phlwookie
    Original Member

phlwookie Silver Member

Status Points:
    Both are. 1A exists but may be held back as a pilot rest seat. Depending upon the length of the flight, it may or may not be used. I was able to grab 1A on a LHR-PHL flight last winter booked within a few days of departure.

Happily, there really aren't bad seats in the 332 Envoy cabin. I prefer to grab 1A/F/H on the 332 as these also exist on the A330-300, so an aircraft swap to that usually gets you in the more desirable row 1 on the 333 with its lie flat seats; otherwise Envoy on that plane just has reclining seats. That said, the 333s are getting the Envoy suite starting this fall, so this may get a bit more complicated while two versions of them fly around during the conversions. I haven't seen a seat map for the suites on the 333 yet.

As to favorite seats on the 332, my preference is usually the A or H seats in rows 1 and 2 (further from of the traffic/noise in the galley unless I'm traveling with the Mrs. A & H are the windows and still have aisle access, and there's at least an aisle between you and the next person to your left or right.
    [​IMG]

jbcarioca likes this.
  19. NE Flyer

NE Flyer Active Member

Status Points:
    Any recommendations for seating on the 762? I know it's not a great product but it still beats whY?!

20. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Center seats on the 762 are great if you don't want to be disturbed. I'm always a fan of the windows. Generally, i'd sit further to the front to get better meal choices.

21. NE Flyer

NE Flyer Active Member

Status Points:
    My only concern with being closer to the front is potential light/noise from the galley. But as we will be vegetarian maybe it makes more sense to get closer to the front and ensure vegetarian availability.

It sounds like the center seats are best for a copule . . . is that correct?

22. Question:

I'll be flying 333 from PHL to FCO next June. Just booked and checked out seats and it was a 2-2-2 set-up.

Any chance this is an envoy suit (1-2-1 set-up) by the time I fly? What happens to my seat assignment?

I'm traveling with my wife so I guess it'd be preferable to get the middle two (those would be preferable for couples I presume?)

23. ande777emt
    Original Member

ande777emt Gold Member

Status Points:
    They haven't announced a formal 333 Envoy conversion schedule yet, but it would likely go to LHR/CDG/FRA as those routes have the most higher-rev traffic. FCO and MAD are a much higher proportion of leisure traffic.

24. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe all of the 333 Envoy retrofits will be completed by this time...I thought the conversion was scheduled to start this fall, and wrap up sometime in Spring of 2012.

25. bl540611

bl540611 Active Member

Status Points:
    Some Changes for the Winter Season

PHL to :
    Dublin(From December 16th, 2011) Boeing 767-200 replace 757-200. (767 in W10 operated until 04JAN11)
    Madrid Airbus A330-200 replace -300 for entire Winter season
    Munich Airbus A330-300 replace -200 in Winter season