US Airways Dividend Mastercard - Canceled, But They Sent Me Companion Pass?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by nonstopski, May 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. nonstopski

nonstopski Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, I canceled my US Airways Divident Mastercard a few weeks ago, but today in the mail I got my "annual companion pass", complimentary us airways club day pass, and $75 off the us airways club membership.

Maybe I already qualified to get this before I canceled, but for the companion pass, it does say you can use it when you "...book your roundtrip ticket of $250 or more WITH your US Airways Dividend Miles Mastercard" which makes me think I have to have the card to use it.

Anyone have any experience booking with another credit card and still using the companion pass?

And If I can't do that, is there any way I can give this/sell this to anyone (I know, totally against the rules, but it will be useless to me!)

2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You would need to use your US Air CC. To book the trip, since you do not have the card, to book the trip.....

I can see a problem, no CC no trickieeeee...

3. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is tied to your card so I doubt anyone else or you could use it without the card. One option would be to sign up for a new card, get more bonus points and you might be able to use it plus the additional one they would send you.
    I would imagine you may be able to use the lounge day passes attached however. They are tied to your DM account number though so I doubt selling them would work out for the buyer.

4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can request an additional CP.I ask for one, and it was sent.

The lounge passes, well, some of us have 2 or more Admiral Club Memberships., thanks to AA EX. Cards...

5. nonstopski

nonstopski Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yea, I meant to look into seeing if I could get the miles bonus again after already having it once and then canceling. Since that's really easy miles.