US Airways Compensation for Cancelled Flight

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by gleff, Apr 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    A week or so back I was scheduled to fly up DCA-LGA on the 8pm departure. Around 5am I was woken up with a phone call (yes, yes, I should have set to have the notification by email, etc but I don't pay attention to my US Airways settings really, not a huge US guy).

No explanation for the cancellation, no one could give me one, it wasn't weather. But I just had them put me on the 7pm (I was also offered the 9pm). Not a huge deal.

Sent in an email complaint, mostly about the inability for anyone to explain the cancellation. Got an email back with a $50 e-cert.

* Not transferrable
    * Couldn't be ooked online
    * Valid for a year

Admit I was a bit surprised to get anything from US, my impression was that they're not known for their compensation under these sorts of circumstances (at least, that they're not United or at least the United of old).

Used the cert already, thanks US!

desert_gecko likes this.
  2. dcpatti
    Original Member

dcpatti Silver Member

Status Points:
    Getting to your destination an hour later, $50 richer and with a 12-hour head's up is a good travel day indeed!

3. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do they waive the booking fee for booking by phone or are you a US Preferred member?

4. dcpatti
    Original Member

dcpatti Silver Member

Status Points:
    Phone booking fee will be waived if you're using a voucher that can't be redeemed online.

5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Correct, and they did.

6. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Admittedly out of character for US, but a welcome development. Glad it worked out for you.
    I think that slowly but surely they are beginning to realize it is better to concentrate on making business travelers and in particular elites happy.....