US Airways Club Pass -- Name Match??

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by gleff, Mar 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I gave a friend a US Airways club pass. I've been giving these away for years. No one has ever had a problem using them. Until tonight.

At DCA the agent wouldn't allow my friend into the lounge because it wasn't her name on the pass.

Has anyone else ever been denied access to a US Airways club using a day pass when the passenger wasn't the person named on the pass?

That was a new one on me in many years.

2. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    "Pass is not transferable" is stated on the pass.......and has been for all the years I have been receiving them. I give mine away every year, too, and have never had a problem. Then again, I always tell my recipient that they may be denied entry since the "pass is not transferable." It will be interesting to see if people post similar outcomes going forward.

3. dream7
    Original Member

dream7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have given and received a bunch of these over the years. I would say about 25% of the time, there is a problem because the names don't match. Really depends on the agent.

4. scubaflyer
    Original Member

scubaflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are these the passes given for the US Airways credit card? I didn't realize they had a name stated on them.

5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Yes, that kind exactly.

6. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    They have the credit card holder's name printed on them, and it very clearly states that they are not transferable. Most of the time the agents do not even look at the name on the pass.

7. uva185
    Original Member

uva185 Member

Status Points:
    I've given away plenty of these and never encountered a problem. The terms do say non-transferable though.

8. dogcrazy
    Original Member

dogcrazy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I never had any problem using the US club pass with someone else name on it.
    I guess it depends on the agent.