US Airways Club - 3 Day Sale & Confirmed new benefits

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by JetsettingEric, Nov 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just saw this come up - one day after the grand slam is over

US Airways Club holiday sale
    Save & earn 3,000 Preferred-qualifying miles*

US Airways Club membership gives you access to over 250 Star Alliance™ lounges worldwide. So anytime and almost anywhere you travel, you’ll enjoy great club benefits before, after and in between your flight.

And right now, we’re offering discounted pricing plus 3,000 Preferred-qualifying miles.

Enroll today and we'll waive the $50 initiation fee, and you'll pay only $300.

Here’s how:

• Enroll online, call 800-828-8522 or stop by any US Airways Club.
    • Be sure to provide your Dividend Miles number and promo code CLB30.
    • Enroll November 15 - 18, 2011.
    Need more reasons to enroll?
    • Coming in December, the wine menu will feature a greater selection of premium wines.
    • We now offer an assortment of heartier snacks in our Philadelphia and Charlotte clubs during peak transatlantic departure hours.
    • We’ve recently opened a new club in Concourse A at Philadelphia. And in early 2012, we’ll open a new club in Terminal 2 at Raleigh-Durham.
    • We’ve refreshed the décor in the Terminal B club in Phoenix. And in 2012, the clubs in New York LaGuardia and Concourse B/C at Philadelphia will also be upgraded.
    • A Regus Gold Membership is now a benefit of club membership, giving you access to 1,100 global business lounges, plus online booking of club conference rooms and 4,000+ Regus meeting rooms 24/7.

BWIflyer, legalalien and Kalboz like this.
  2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was something wrong with making such an offer during the GS promo period? :confused: :mad:

3. BWIflyer
    Original Member

BWIflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is this a targetted offer or anybody can apply.

4. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if it was targeted, but doesn't hurt to ask. there was no language on the e-mail that said it was intended for me only.

If it was available during the grand slam period, it would have made it a more attractive hit.

5. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

Status Points:
    For those of you on the fence about a membership - i'm so glad i have a membership.

I left my cell phone on the cab to the airport - and with that, i lost all my usual tools (tripit, expertflyer, flightstats) and also lost the ability to call the chariman's line.

Tonight, after the first couple of signs of a mechanical issue - we returned to the gate and was given the option of deplaning, i rushed to the club for a backup plan. They told me that the LGA flight was oversold, but the JFK flight had room and was closer. I had my backup mapped out. I sat in the club and watched maintenance look at the engines with a flashlight (never a good sign). I went back to the gate and they were starting to let people back on the plane to reclaim their belongings. The flight wasn't officially cancelled, but they were "looking for a another plane". I ran into the club - and the agents already knew where i was going and what was going on. They snagged a first class seat for me, and booked me a nice suite before the flight was officially cancelled. With my new boarding pass in hand and my hotel voucher, i walked out of the club and saw a mob scene at special services. They officially cancelled the flight at that time.

All the backup flights are now zero'd out - and i'm relaxing in my suite while other passengers are still waiting in the special services line.

Don't get me wrong - the special service agents do a great job, but when there are 183 people looking to get rebooked to the same place, having club access is a priceless asset.

6. Dreamworks

Dreamworks Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I have the Amex Platinum, there's no point to getting a membership, right?

7. javacodeguy

javacodeguy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It depends. A club membership will allow you access to all the Star Alliance lounges internationally, which could be nice if you do some international travel and are not *G. It also allows you access to United and Continental lounges when you are traveling domestically.