US Airways Celebrity Sightings

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by DeacFlyer1, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've seen a similar thread in some other forums, and thought it would be fun to have this as an ongoing thread.

I'll kick this off: Saw Charlie Weiss in the C terminal in CLT waiting for a flight to Kansas City (this was a few weeks ago, before he left the Chiefs for the Florida Gators). A few people stopped by and took pictures with him, but he mostly just sat there and talked on the phone.

Feel free to post in the days and weeks ahead when/if you spot someone interesting!

RedM3Pilot likes this.
  2. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Spotted Henry Winkler on US27 from PHX-LAX (he was 2C, I was 3F) this morning. I know he's probably most famous for Fonzie in Happy Days, but I really loved his character in Arrested Development, so it was fun to see him.

RedM3Pilot likes this.
  3. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you give him an "Aeeey!" and a thumbs up?

In my, so far, brief time with US:
    • sat behind former 49er great Dana Stubblefield in F (he did not recline)
    • saw Kenny G board last and head for Y.

DeacFlyer1 likes this.
  4. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I sat behind former NFL QB Jeff Garcia in F a few months ago. Apparently he's playing in the United Football League now.

RedM3Pilot likes this.
  5. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I saw Bob Denver (Gilligan) on a CLT-LAX flight shortly before he died. I was in 1C and he was in 1F. The FA was VERY attentive to him, and he signed a photo for her.

6. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    My folks saw then Senator Joe Biden on a MHT-PHL flight back in 2006 (don't remember which month, but they were going home after visiting me for the weekend).

My Dad recalled asking if he was going to run for President, and he just smiled.

7. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Peter Bonerz on a PHL-LAX flight about 10 years ago--he's a very tall man.
    Andrew Cuomo on a shuttle flight when he was still a cabinet member
    Ed Colodny former US CEO on a shuttle flight about 4 years ago...sat next to him and we had a very nice conversation.

8. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    He's a good friend of one of my mom's good friends. When she (my mom's good friend) mentioned it, she was shocked that I had heard of him. [​IMG]

9. jemmazee
    Original Member

jemmazee Silver Member

Status Points:
    My favorite celebrity sighting was many years ago - Spring of 2004 - I was at the gate, waiting for a connection to PVR with several friends and suddenly a hush came over the gate. They had off-loaded the arriving plane and one of the passengers was Muhammad Ali - they put him on a cart and as they drove away, he gave a nod and a wave. As he was driven out of site, the folks at the gate started to applaud. It was cool.

DeacFlyer1 likes this.
  10. Bo Derek in Envoy back from Rome last week. She looks pretty good, pretty good indeed.

RedM3Pilot likes this.