US Airways CC Companion ticket conflict?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by fotomon, Jan 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. fotomon

fotomon Member

Status Points:
    Not sure this is the best place to post this but I am a Newbie so here goes.

Started using my USAirways CC a couple of years back to get my FF points up and decided I could put to use the Companion ticket on a trip next month from Charlotte to Colorado Springs. Looking at booking well in advance of the 15 day requirement but as I was looking at other requirements on the certificate it says that " Tickets must be purchased by 11/30/12" ! Even though "Travel must be complete by 2/28/13".

Am I correct that I cannot use these companion certificates to fly in February of this year unless I knew back in November of last year I would be using it and for what dates? That would seam to be a lousy conflict with their 15 days ahead of time rule.

Plan on calling USAirways to ask about this but thought I'd check here first to see if anyone has run into this issue and found them flexible in this regards. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm sitting here looking at my own Companion Certificate from the US Airways CC. Mine lists a similar three month window beyond the last day that you can book a flight and the date by which travel using the certificate must be completed.

To quote my certificate:
    Tickets must be purchased by: 01/31/13
    Travel must be completed by: 04/30/13

So yes, I strongly suspect that you have passed the point where the purchasing window closes for your current certificate.