US Airways Buy/Gift/Share Promo April 4th - May 15th 2011

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by ArizonaGuy, Apr 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Landing Page for Buy/Share/Gift US Miles

Share: 75% bonus on shared miles. Sharing max 50K at 1cpm with 7.5% tax and $30 fee comes to $567.50 and nets 37.5K miles for a cost of 1.5cpm. Not horrible but not great at all in comparison to the 100% bonuses of old. Those worked out to 1.1cpm.

The terms of the share page say this is valid now through May 15th at 11:59pm Pacific. This conflicts with the landing page for Buy/Share/Gift that says now through May 31st. Par for the course with US Promotions.

Buy/Gift: If you have the US Airways branded credit card (Either the Mastercard or Visa is applicable), you can buy OR gift up to 50K miles at 50% off. Charges must go on the US Airways card, you're restricted to those two choices if you are deemed worthy. 50K at 2.75cpm costs $739.06 after taxes, or 1.47cpm. Same cost as previous 100% bonuses. Just limited to 50K now, unfortunately.

Terms for Buy/Gift indicate this is valid now through May 14th at 11:59pm Pacific - Note this is a day earlier than the Share promotion.

Ravi Rao and TheBeerHunter like this.
  2. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. My daughter has 5000 orphan miles that are headed to my account.

SC Flier and jbcarioca like this.
  3. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    Setting my calendar to do something with this on May 15th.

Thanks for the head's up!

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Buy/Gift ends on the 14th. Sharing ends on the 15th.

It's cheaper to buy or gift the miles outright than it is to share for a bonus. Depending on the math involved and available balances in two accounts, it would be better to buy/gift to an account with orphaned miles than it would be to share them. The only time share would be better would be if 50K+37.5K is needed to hit an award level rather than the max 50K from buying.

RedM3Pilot and jbcarioca like this.
  5. Ravi Rao

Ravi Rao Silver Member

Status Points:
    Actually, no, the form does force you to use a US Airways Mastercard or Visa. See screenshot attached.

Thanks for sharing this! :)

Attached Files:

jbcarioca and ArizonaGuy like this.
  6. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, updated first post to reflect that.

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just used the share offer with 75% bonus about 15 minutes ago. The miles have already been posted. That is the quickest US transaction I have ever had, and the offer was really excellent. It allowed Mrs. jb to give me 50,000 miles+ bonus which gives us enought for an RTW FC. Great! BTW, you need not use or have a US caredit card. They have a dropdown menu that allows any card. I do not have a US credit card.

RedM3Pilot likes this.
  8. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    Buying US miles does have the instant gratification thing going for it...the miles are there within seconds. :)
    Then, there's the delayed but more satisfying gratification when I'm sipping champagne in Seat 4K of an OZ 777. :D