US airports to ease screening for Travelers aged 75 and older

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by sobore, May 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://post.jagran.com/us-airports-to-ease-screening-for-travelers-aged-75-and-older-1338036106

Travelers aged 75 and older will soon have an easy passage through US airports, with the government rolling out new rules to ease airport screening process for them.

The elderly will no longer have to doff shoes, belts and jackets as they pass through tough screening checks at the country's three major airports - John F Kennedy, La-Guardia and Newark - all located close to New York City, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) spokeswoman Lorie Dankers said.

The relaxation in the tough screening for the elderly comes after a spate of several high profile incidents last year in which older women at JFK International airport complained they were "strip searched" by officers.

The easing of procedures, Dankers said, was part of a pilot programme that will also allow older passengers to pass through metal detectors or body scanners more than once to resolve security issues if an alarm goes off, newspaper reported.

http://post.jagran.com/us-airports-to-ease-screening-for-travelers-aged-75-and-older-1338036106

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought this had already happened.

3. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    How about a senior citizen/ handicap line?

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does this make you feel like aging quickly to take advantage of this new benefit?:D

5. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    oh no. I don't want to age at all. I will just continue to take the free massages.

PLUS_1 likes this.