US Air Treatment

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by circi, Aug 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. circi

circi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have flown US Airways 3 times now with each time being a different airport. Each time I was treated incredibly rudely by at least one employee. A flight this evening I was actually told off by a flight attendant when I was simply standing at the gate and had not said a word! This time I sent a complaint, as I am simply shocked at the treatment they have showed me. I do not know if I have had very bad luck or if this is the norm but I will not fly them again.

If there is a way to transfer Dividend Miles and someone wants them, PM me and they are yours.

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had good and bad experiences with all the major airlines.

You can use your Dividend Miles on an airline other than US. You need to pay to transfer the miles.

marcwint55 and LETTERBOY like this.
  3. sendbillmoney

sendbillmoney Silver Member

Status Points:
    Or, thinking outside the box: If you want to zero out your US Airways mileage account without paying for the privilege, there's always their "donate miles" link. Keep America Beautiful, Fisher House Foundation, Make-A-Wish America, American Red Cross and Mercy Medical Airlift are listed recipients.

4. BuckleandBoots

BuckleandBoots Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry you've been disappointed by US-Air, but this is a great way to offset the poor experience! Good call SendBillMoney!

marcwint55 likes this.
  5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ever since the merger with America West, they totally suck. I have complimenary Platinum status with them and I will not fly them. I also found employees to be rude, and after the merger the only thing I ever heard from flight crews were complaints about the merger. I actually told one flight attendant that she should be thankful that she has a job, as there were many others that would gladly take her place.

6. circi

circi Silver Member

Status Points:
    A follow up. I was told twice today that my luggage was being delivered and on a truck for delivery. I was told two hours ago that I would be receving a call from the delivery company since it had not shown up when promised. When I called just now to inquire where my suitcase was at, I was told they do not deliver and it was at the airport. I was told I could come get it from 5am to midnight tomorrow. I tried to pick it up at the airport this morning and was told no it would be delivered.

Words can not express how upset I am at this moment.

7. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Makes me feel really good about a possible merger between USAirways and AA. Not.

8. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Out of curiousity, do you notice more of that behavior on west or east?

I don't fly US a ton, about 15k this year, mostly west) but short of an occasional surly Fa policing oversized steamer trunk carryons the people have generally been friendly enough. Not quite up to the standard of most DL staff, but a difference more noticed when found back to DL after a few flights on US than the other way around. More of a greater polish and grace than friendliness, most of the time. Service, especially in F, is a bit sparse and not where I'd prefer it. Lounge staff in phx are great, ground staff have generally been good as well, and I've run into a few bad-weather IROPS days with them.

I'll certainly keep considering them for last minute fares if nothing else.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  9. flyingwino

flyingwino Member

Status Points:
    I was a huge fan of America West, best airline I ever flew on. They went above and beyond for gold and Chairman level flyers. I stopped flying them after the merger and was considering getting back to try them again. I'm feeling that things may have not gotten any better after reading this. Very, very sad.

10. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW circi's location is listed as KY. While an east-west divide is not a good thing, if that's the issue the problem is only half as bad.

11. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    What was AW's top tier? Not Chairman, certainly.