US Air Lounge Passes not being honored at AA Club

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by flynhwn, Jan 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. flynhwn

flynhwn Silver Member

Status Points:
    The free passes for the US Airways club, that are given out with your credit card membership, will not be honored at the Admirals Club. Didn't US Air and American merge??? It seems a simple process to accept a pass that is being given out by the NEW American Airlines.

MSYgirl and MX like this.
  2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure, but I posted to Twitter and the AA team responded:

[​IMG]

I'll update on here if they provide any pertinent information.

ETA: I do have to commend AA on their awareness. I only started a blog yesterday and commented on the merger with your post in mind. They are obviously searching the airline name and reading all the comments, and they even replied to me with my paltry 7 followers.

ETA #2: They replied with: "US Airways Club members can have entry into Admirals Club if they've purchased a 90-day pass, but not a one-day pass."

I replied asking if the AA and US free lounge passes are included or if they have to purchase through AA only to access the clubs. Judging by their response at the moment, you need to have a 90-day pass at minimum to be allowed entry.

ETA #3 just because I'm shocked: They visited my blog and read the summary of the problem. They are really on the ball. I wonder if airline Twitter reps will end up being more efficient than our elite phone numbers? :eek:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    Sammich and Newscience like this.
  3. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Final response:

So it seems a US lounge pass is not yet accepted for AA AC lounges. Bummer.

Sammich likes this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    It really depends on what you need/want from them.

The AA (and now US) twitter team is great at replying quickly though not always on-topic. And if you need anything significant done like missing miles or such they won't touch it. But simple customer service banter is in their wheel house and they're pretty good at it. They'll also chat with you about in-flight snacks and such if that's your thing. I mostly find it obnoxious.

alfagirl, MSYgirl, Sammich and 3 others like this.
  5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not a surprise that the US Airways Club day pass (from the US Airways credit card) isn't honored at the Admirals Club. The day pass originates from use of the US Airways credit card, and not from using the AA credit card. BTW, use of the AA credit card does not provide Admirals Club free day passes!

All things considered, it's going to take a while for the US/AA merger to be fully completed. As per MSYgirl's posting, at least the "new AA" is aware of and appears to be concerned about such problems (or perhaps not, as per WanderingAramean's post). Just look to the history of other airline mergers (UA and CO, WN and FL) to see how rocky things can be. :(

MSYgirl, Sammich and LETTERBOY like this.
  6. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd use the word "annoying" instead of "obnoxious," but I agree with you otherwise.

7. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree. Twitter/Social Media Reps only deal with simple issues, mainly due to the fact that everything is public - and they don't want other customers referencing your post and requesting the same compensation when they have a similar problem. (Eg. giving you 10k miles as compensation for a late plane because you're elite) Hence why a lot of reps will want to DM you instead. Otherwise, they'll ask you to call in.

Although sometimes they can be pretty useful directing you to the correct department for your issue. Once, I got a direct phone call from the airline after they read my Tweet and looked up my name in the system.

MSYgirl: You should be angry now since AA didn't follow you on Twitter after reading your blog :p

LETTERBOY and MSYgirl like this.
  8. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    As is often the case, it seems that I'm in the minority. I'm not at all surprised that a free US Club pass is not honored for the Admirals Club (or vice versa). Free should not be confused with reciprocal.

MSYgirl, LETTERBOY and Newscience like this.
  9. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    HA. I posted the MSY/BTR weather delays today and got them to follow me. :D Check mate.

ETA: US Airways followed me too. I think there is evil afoot.

LETTERBOY and Sammich like this.
  10. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Absolutely! :rolleyes:

LETTERBOY likes this.