US AIR Coffee

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Charlotte Bound, Sep 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Charlotte Bound

Charlotte Bound Active Member

Status Points:
    What happened to US Air coffee over the last month? Are they transitioning to the American spec? What was once barely acceptable is now undrinkable. FA's didn't know, but everyone in 1st class was handing it back. Same experience last week. At record ticket prices this year, we need some better coffee. This stuff gives "black stuff in a cup" a bad name!

daninstl likes this.
  2. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Didn't notice on recent mixed AA and US flights. I bet they are changing vendors or just bad luck. I don't like to drink it on the plane normally as I don't trust the water supply. Then again how could it be worse :)

3. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    This isn't a small deal. I agree with @Charlotte Bound, we need potable coffee onboard, US, AA, UA, whomever. I thought the previous US coffee was tolerable. I haven't had occasion to try the "new" stuff yet. But, this has still got to be better than AZ's awful chemical "creamer" ratpoison. From the Italian flag carrier, we should expect more.

4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    US Air hasn't existed in a long time...

5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, an AA flight attendant once told me that, when making a pot of coffee onboard the flight, "it's all about the water". That is likely true more than most folks think, given recent revelations about the non-potable water supplies onboard many airplanes being used for drinking purposes, making tea and coffee, etc. Anyway, to prove her point, when I complained about the first cup of coffee, this FA threw out the entire pot (we were seated in FC), and made a fresh pot of coffee, even though the previous pot wasn't old at all. Voilà! The coffee was transformed into a tasty brew. Perhaps letting some of the gunk run out of the water system helped?

6. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had one of their coffees not that long ago. Defintely not very good, however, everything tastes better with a little bailey's added to it. ;)

Newscience likes this.
  7. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    The larger travesty here to me is the transitioning from liquid to powdered creamer. *barf*

8. mikeschu
    Original Member

mikeschu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Friends don't let friends use powdered creamer.

ella, timfrost and Flyer1976 like this.