US Air Club Lounges in PHL

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by LAM, Jan 24, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will have two long layovers in PHL on my way to Europe and on my way back to DCA. I have two day passes to club lounges. I will be flying into F and out of A I believe on the way to Germany and reverse that on the way home. Any opinions on the three different lounges. I have enough time to use any of them. Each of my layovers will be on a Sunday.

2. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting, I just asked a similar question on access to which lounge, but I would be interested to hear the opinions on the different lounges themselves as well, going through PHL to MAD.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Flying into F you need to take shuttle bus to the A1 gate and then walk a bit to A West. Allow time for this. The A lounge is nice and big but on my last visit olives and bad bag of snacks was all the food put out. While lounge was quiet with many places to sit and good outlet supply.
    I would suggest if hungry go past gate A17 to find the local Philly Sports bar Chickie and Pete's and get a drink and famous fries. there is also a Vino Volo in the terminal and small food court

On the reverse side, terminal F just opened new restaurants and a famous Iron Chef Jose Garces has a new eatery to try (love his many restaurants in the city)

Hope this helps
    Sue

Attached Files:

5. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

Status Points:
    +1. Food selection poor if you are looking for more than snacks.

6. enichols22124

Status Points:
    Food isn't usually a concern, it's outlets, quiet, and some room to stretch out a bit. In this case, it's also because the wife (not much of a traveler by comparison) appreciates it twice as much as me.

7. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks everyone. I am really just looking for a little more comfortable seat, a little quiet and maybe a free drink. The lounge in A sounds like the winner to me.

8. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the lounge info. We were able to use both of my passes and it especially helped yesterday with a 4.5 hour layover. Used the main lounge in A both times. Just snack foods and soup but was just what we needed. The chairs were comfy, I could charge my phone, and it was pretty quiet. The gate area for our flight home was loud with some type of rap music entertainment on the TV. I was glad I did not have to be there that long.(Sorry if I offend but I am not a fan) I am now a lounge convert at least on a long layover.

9. enichols22124

Status Points:
    I also had a very nice time. We stayed in both lounges. The one in with the International (near B15 I believe) was truly great, announcing flights, free snacks and food, fairly quiet.

philatravelgirl likes this.