US Air Award - Why CO shows availability that ANA tool does not?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by beofotch, Dec 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. beofotch
    Original Member

beofotch Silver Member

I am helping a friend plan his honeymoon with US Air miles in July 2012. I have been using the ANA calendar and the Continental calendar to search open "low" availability. For some days in July, The Continental calendar shows NRT - IAH as available in low, but the ANA calendar does not show the availability. Two questions: 1) Is it safe to assume that if Continental (which I have no status with them or United) shows availability, then it will be available for a US Airways award redemption? 2) I am guessing that a routing like CLT - JFK - IST - BKK - USM - BKK - FRA - CLT is not allowable because its crossing over the Atlantic to get to Thailand? Can y'all confirm this?

FYI what I have for them so far (assuming Continental's NRT - IAH is in fact bookable):

CLT - IAD - NRT (20 hour layover)
    NRT - HKG (5 day stopover)
    HKG - BKK (20 hour layover)
    BKK - USM (destination)
    USM - BKK - NRT - IAH - CLT (IAH - CLT is only segment in coach)

Any insight is appreciated.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Nope. You really need to use a partner engine like ANA or Aeroplan to confirm that. It is not uncommon at all for CO to have more seats for OnePass members than for partner carriers (and this carries over to other carriers as well). Doesn't mean it definitely isn't there, but I absolutely wouldn't assume it is.

I thought US did permit this. :confused: