US AIR 1.5 miles per spend up to 10,000 bonus points.

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by satman40, Mar 2, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Could be targeted, received an email today.

As part of the integration of US Airways and American Airlines, your current
    US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard® will be replaced with an AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard®.¹ Your new card will arrive between April 1 and July 15, 2015. Until your new AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard® arrives, please continue to use your current US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard.
    Visit AviatorMasterCard.com/Red to learn about the benefits and features that will come with your new card.
    Register now to earn 50% more miles on qualifying purchases²
    Join us in celebrating the upcoming integration of the Dividend Miles® program into the AAdvantage® loyalty program when you register to earn 50% more miles on every purchase you make with either your US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard or your new AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard® from March 1 through June 30, 2015, up to 10,000 bonus miles.

2. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got same, but didn't see where to register. Link took me to barclay's card login page and once in, didn't see anything promising. Was on plane though and gogo could have slowed something important up. I'll take tips or look at with fresh eyes in the AM.

3. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    After you sign in to your account, look to the lower right corner. There should be a button there to register.

According to the terms and conditions if you register by 30 June, any charge from 1 March to 30 June will count for the promotion. The extra 50% bonus miles will post after the promotion ends.

Tweedy and flyforawg like this.
  4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can also call them in the he phone, of course now is a good time to sign up for another card... $89.00 for 50,000 miles us nit a bad deal.

I waited 16 minutes tonight, they were busy.

10,000 miles for free, sounds good to me..

Counsellor and flyforawg like this.
  5. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will Barclay let you sign up for the red card while holding the current card? If so, sounds like the thing to do.

6. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you can still sign up for The US Air card, , and they will move you to the new Avator Card,

I was just looking at the 50k points.,

High Dollar cards means very little unless you do the spend and make use of them..., it is just s point game with me.

B of A is turning it's share of application down,

7. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    If one already has the US Air Dividend Miles card, will Barclay's let you apply for another US Air card?

Seems it would be more likely to succeed if one could apply for the Red card while holding the Dividend Miles card, but I can't find any application promotions.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    satman40 likes this.
  8. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
  9. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    satman40 likes this.
  10. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received the points twice, and was shot down on my third card..

I did score a Miles & More, and an Arrival +,

All they can do is say no....and soon the game will change again..

Next year wil be a game changer, the miles required will be out of sight.