urgent need help re:ORC Who to contact?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by estnet, Jan 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a couple of flights cancelled (equip) and was rerouted on UA in order to make my other flights. Since these are all sfo-ord it is very important that I get ORC (original routing credit) due to the bonuses. One or more of the flights did not post correctly and I have called multiple times to

1) supervisor at advantage - reassured that it would be fixed but before bonus it was not and now the number of segments is not correct, nor are points. I can't tell about miles b/c it shows all the flights in my account but not all of them were actually counted for eqm. Before they added some bonus miles I could see what was missing but now I can't

2) supervisor at customer relations (wasted) "I've worked here for 25 yrs and I've never heard of getting credit for a fight you didn't take.

So - is there any was to see the detail of original miles, bonus miles for eqm online so I can figure out what is or isn't missing? If not who can I contact? The supervisor at advantage I got the last 2 times was the same one and it was clear she didn't know what she had done b/c on the 2nd call she said "didn't I ask you to call back?" - no she had assured me it would be corrected in 48 hours:(

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    No way to see DEQM posts online, they only add it to your existing total.

Sounds like you need to hang up and call again till you get a rep who knows what they are doing and has the patience to walk through it with you.

I'd also recommend getting a clear, concise story to explain what you need from AA CS. While I get the general idea of your dilemma, I honestly can't pinpoint exactly what your issues are because your story is not clearly explained and has a lot of "white noise" . Not sure if that's just in writing and you deliver the story much more clearly when spoken?

1. Exactly how many flights are you missing credit for?

2. Did you have the agent who rebooked you on UA make a note that you would receive ORC, or are you retroactively asking for it?

3. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, it is not official policy to receive ORC. While some agents have given it to passengers, it is official AAdvantage policy to not award it when rerouted on another airline (I got burned by this last weekend)

4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are 2 flights where I was rerouted , but I believe the first one is the problem (b/c I did 3 rt in 2 days and even though I identify the specific flight they don't seem to listen - they can't seem to understand 3 rt back to back!).
    1) Yes I confirmed orc both before and after the change
    2) I have identified the flight I believe is not posted multiple times to the agents and they have to have the TICKET number the record locator is not enough! And yes, they have the ticket number.
    3) I have "hung up" and recalled multiple times
    4) Advantage guaranteed I would receive orc and another MP that had the same problem said his miles posted correctly
    5) So I guess I won't know if I have a problem until after I have completed all my flights mid Feb which should put me over 100k and then see I only have 96k:mad::(

5. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Where did u hear this? When I called advantage they told me it was policy to award ORC if due to mechanical.

Eloy Fonseca Neto likes this.
  6. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    MX is fine for ORC, but that is the only reason

7. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    So did I, July last year they put me on a Delta flight from BOS to JFK and the miles were there in my account on the following day!!

8. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can get ORC for an involuntary reroute. It is always advisable to make ORC a condition of accepting the involuntary reroute, and have the agent annotate your PNR that you are only accepting the involuntary reroute because you will get ORC.

Calling in after you have flown the reroute, without anything in your PNR about ORC, you have lost all your bargaining chips. They can give it to you or not, and not is easier.

9. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just had a flight divert and have been re-routed from the diversion airport. Gate agent made note in PNR of what my original routing was (she wasn't familiar with the term "Original Routing Credit" but seemed to get what should go in the note) and AAdvantage CS said to call in after all of the segments post to have them edited.

Anything else I need to do? A little paranoid as it seems possible to get burned in these situations. Thank you!

10. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think, like gemac was speaking to upthread, an important thing is to call BEFORE taking the alternate flight, ensuring a note to that effect is in your PNR. You probably already know exactly how many miles (flown, bonus, etc.) you should get for your original routing. It sounds like you've done all you can. I think where the problems come is, as gemac alluded to, when people don't make that call and get that PNR annotation sorted beforehand.