Urban Garden Now Open in AA T3 G Concourse ORD

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, Sep 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I was heading into the G concourse to catch a AE flight to CLE today and noticed some bright lights and greenery in the rotunda area at the head of the concourse.

I wandered up the stairs and found that the Chicago Department of Aviation is sponsoring an "urban garden" above the G concourse. It's a small installation with bright lights and white pillars that have a variety of vegetables growing out of them.

[​IMG]

There was a gardener tending to watering the plants while I was sitting up there. There is quite a bit of space to relax, with lots of tables and plastic chairs surrounding the garden area. While I looked around and sat for about 45 min, there were only 4 other people up there. Definitely nicer than sitting at the crowded G gates.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are some posters and signage explaining the project, though honestly I'm not 100% of the accuracy of the information. If you read the text in the pic below carefully, you'll see why. ;)

[​IMG]

Either way, I thought it was an interesting new addition to AA's T3 in ORD (looking forward to Tortas Frontera opening soon!), and also a quiet place to relax before a flight if you happen to not have AC access. Just go up the stairs in the rotunda at the front of concourse G.

2. Microwave
    Original Member

Microwave Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd suggest altering the thread title to make clear which airport is hosting the garden.

3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Already requested. :)

miles and smiles likes this.