Uploading Photos from iPhone App - Errors

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by FriendlySkies, Nov 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been very pleased with the iPhone app, but I keep getting an error when uploading photos. Sometimes it works, as seen below, but other times I receive an error similar to the one in the attached screen shot..

Any thoughts? Thanks!

image-2730801825.png

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Cannot help with that error - I have been unable to upload a photo taken with my iPhone camera if the resolution was to fine meaning the photo was too large -- Also reduced the attachment quality (in the app settings) ... I have not had an issue since ... possibly try reducing the attachment quality first?

Tim likes this.
  3. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    I'm not certain what that error indicates either, but looking on the Forumrunner support forums it looks like ACMM is on to something. It likely indicates that the image is too large for the forum to accept, so using a smaller version of the image should help.
    http://forumrunner.net/forum/showthread.php?t=635

Let us know if doing that helps the next time you get the error.

4. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Still having this error, despite reducing the photo quality on the app to "low".....

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

5. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Hmm, I wonder if it is possible that it might have to do with the state of your phone when you try to send. I would guess not, but the sometimes working other times not makes me think maybe so. When you are having the error does closing out apps that you haven't been actively using help at all? Also, have you ever re-tried uploading an image that failed in the past and had it work on the retry?

How often does this happen to you and how often are you uploading pictures?

6. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yesterday, I probably had this issue about five times. All of the photos were taken on my iPhone, which has the latest updates for MP & iOs5. I can sometimes upload an image that failed in the past, but have no way of trying, considering the issues that I'm having right now.

7. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Testing...

Attached Files:

8. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    In testing it appears that a different message is displayed when an image is too large from what you are seeing. It might be worth while to uninstall the app and re-install it to see if that helps.