Upgrage on international continental flight

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by johnnyemman, Jan 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Am just a silver elite with continental/united, what is the chance of me being upgraded to business class seat on international flight that is not fully booked.
    I have presidential plus card.
    Thanks

deant likes this.
  2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP.

I believe your chances are very slim unless you have some sort of an upgrade instrument (SWU). Even then it depends on the booking codes that are available.

FrequentMiler likes this.
  3. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Zero if you're going to/from Europe and have an economy ticket. You might be able, however, to upgrade with cash and points.

deant likes this.
  4. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only with miles if you purchased your ticket plus there will be a fee or just to pay the fare difference. They will not do any complimentary upgrades.

deant likes this.
  5. trooper
    Original Member

trooper Silver Member

Status Points:
    Upgrades that are not supported by miles/SWU's really only happen on flights that are oversold (ie Full!) in Y... then the upgrades are (normally) prioritised starting with the highest FF status folks on that airlines program... to free up however many seats in Y the airline needs....

On international flights I don't think ANY airlines upgrade just to fill the premium cabins...

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  6. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    NO CHANCE w/o SWU or miles.......and even then, it has to be a qualifying coach fare to be eligible.

TAHKUCT likes this.