"Upgrading" to BoA AS CC

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by kw335, Jun 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone had any experience with "upgrading" Bank of America CC (from regular BoA CC to Alaska Airlines Visa) without having to reapply?

I currently have a BoA CC, opened in 2004, with a decent credit line that I have never used. Balance has always been zero for couple of years now. Have been thinking of getting the AS Visa for its $99 companion voucher, but I don't necessarily want another hard pull from a new application.

2. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you were to do this are you certain to get the bonus miles? Or is that not an issue for you?

kw335 likes this.
  3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you were to upgrade; from my exp you do not get the sign on offer of 25k He should be able to get the $99 Companion voucher though.

kw335 and tondoleo like this.
  4. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wish, of course, to get the 25k bonus miles as well. I guess the only way is to reapply, which isn't a big deal, but I thought I'd ask whether anyone had any successful experience with upgrading (and getting the bonus as well).

5. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why not just keep the first card and get the second one? That way you keep your LOC and it helps your overall credit score.

kw335 and edekba like this.
  6. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think that is what I'm considering. Just read that this particular card is actually easily churnable.